Chapter 32- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

After our 'chat' I took the three into the jungle to have a look at my cave. I noticed the way the adults were admiring the jungle and the way they looked at me when I started walking normally. I hate the two legs thing, it's so... Weird.

I perk my ears as we near the water. As much as I love Amber and Trixie, I don't trust them around so much fresh meat.

As we exit the tree line I spot Amber sitting there, eating a fish. I start bouncing.

Amber!!! I scream at her, jumping forward.

Ice! Where were you? She screams back.

Some guy catnapped me but I'm back!

Who's the meat? She asks nodding toward the shifters behind me.

You remember that boy I stopped you from eating a few winters back? That's him and his parents I answer casually.

What? Why did you bring them here? She screams at me.

I shrug, I don't know, I wanted to see you and Trixie and they wanted to see where I live.

How do you know they aren't going to kill you in your sleep or something? She asks. I pale, I never thought about that before.

I hear a twig snap behind me, my head instinctively turns to look at the man standing there, his hand around Ryder's head.

"Ryder!" I scream. Both his parents turn and gasp.

"Sorry Ryder's family, but you are in the company of someone I hold close to me," Hunter says, a silver thing resembling a claw pressed against Ryder's throat.

"What the hell Hunter! Leave him alone! If you wanted me there's this thing called asking! And with your behaviour lately I don't think I want to go back there, I am going to stay here so leave me alone!" I scream in perfect walker, instantly covering my mouth. Amber looks at me confused while everyone else is shocked.

You can speak to them now! Amber snarls.

Yes, we'll discuss this later ok? I yell back. Amber nods and sits protectively next to me.

"Ah, so your lessons have paid off. Good to know I no longer need Katharine," Hunter says with a twinkle in his eye.

"You will leave her alone, you will release Ryder and you WILL leave and never come back," I say, once again, in perfect walker. I mentally groan. His grip tightens around the claw.

"That can't happen dearest. Did Katharine never explain how mates work? Too bad, either way I need you. And I need you now, and since my first attempt didn't work I'm threatening him," he says, pressing the claw a little harder into Ryder's neck.

"Look, sir, I don't know what is going on here but if you would be as kind as too release my son that would be much appreciated," the man says.

Hunter turns to glare at him, "no can do. I need him to get to your daughter, since- other then that decomposing cat- he's the only thing that makes her cry." An evil smile graces his lips.

Amber, go get Trixie. Sneak around from behind and attack. You can have the man with the claw for dinner if you like I whisper to her. She nods and disappears.

"Now now Ice, that's not going to work. Remember, I'm the one with the claw," he snarls.

I didn't know he spoke cat!

Raven! I could really use some help right now! I scream at her. No reponse.

"Please, let him go and I'll consider going with you," I say, being cautious.

He laughs, the crazed gleam still in his eye, "there's no considering about it. You either come with me or he dies, simple really. Oh! And I don't speak cat."

I look at his parents. They are pleading with their eyes to get me to agree. I sigh and tell everyone my decision.

"I'll go. On one condition," I say, my voice more confident then I feel.

"And what is that condition?" Hunter asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not a prisoner, I get to walk around like everyone else there and I get actual contact with the people. I'm not being held in that stupid room again being given wolfsbane everyday. Do you understand?" I announce. He pretends to think about it.

"Sure, my Luna needs to meet everyone anyway so why not?" He says, shoving Ryder to the ground.

Amber! Trixie! Stop! He- he is ok, don't kill him please! I shout, remembering my order to Amber. They mustn't be too far away because I hear their cries of despair.

This is just like last time in the cave! I hear Trixie shout.

Sorry, but I have to go now anyway. Bye guys! I'll see you next time! I shout in response.

They say goodbye and I fall limp on the ground, my neck on show. Hunter scoops me up and we're off too my new life. I hope this goes better then last time.

Hope you've liked the chapter!

-Wolfy