Chapter 30- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

He collapsed. Just straight up fell over. I cautiously sneak over and nudge his head. Nothing. I can still hear his faint breathing though which is a good thing. I make a split second decision.

I shift and grab Ryder in my arms, ready to carry him back into the town. He's really heavy and this time I don't have him helping me at all. Either way I follow the rock path, turning when needed. It's weird, how many houses there are. I didn't notice the first or second time I was here but there are a lot of these buildings here, and all of them a different style and colour. And this time there are people around, all of them, staring at me. I'm glad I shifted now.

I open the gate to the familiar blue house that I think Ryder lives in. Just as I go to lay him on the slab of rock that's higher then the rest of it when he stirs in my arms. I don't know what happens but the next second I'm being pushed away from him.

I look up from my place on the strange moss and see the man from last time. He looks older now, more stressed.

"What did you do to my son?" He growls. If I wasn't who I am I would have whimpered. I stare at him, looking him in the eyes.

"Him back, me leave," I answer getting up. I must look strange to this man, my hair would no longer be pretty and I don't have clothes on. I mentally shrug my nerves off. Who cares what he thinks anyway?

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Ice," I growl. I'm not telling him my other name.

The man frowns in confusion, "ice isn't a name. What's your real name?"

"He," I point to Ryder's body, "call me Peace. Me real name Ice."

A look of confusion passes on his face before becoming stotic once again. "Did you rape him? Beat him? What the hell did you do to him? He's been gone for over 3 weeks for Christ's sake!"

"Save him," I answer. Which is technically true, Amber and Trixie can't have him for a snack now. I need to leave now before anything gets worse, I don't need this person shooting a million questions at me.

"Me answer qu-qu-questions after clothes. Ryder need wake too," I demand.

"Um... You will answer my questions after you get clothes and my son needs to wake up as well?" The man asks for confirmation. I nod and he reluctantly sighs before showing me inside.

I scoop up the fuzzy heap and carry him inside. My eyes take in every detail. From the wall colour to the items dotted around.

The man leads me into a room where a woman sits on a strange looking seat. It's long, curved and made of something I've never seen before.

"You can place him on the couch. Honey, could you please grab someone's shirt and a pair of pants?" He says, directing the second part at the woman. She jumps up, clearly startled before nodding and running out of the room without looking up. I place Ryder on the seat but don't move away. I don't trust the man in front of me.

"Are you always this... Uh, confident?" The man asks.

"What you mean?" I ask in retaliation. I have no idea what he's talking about.

"You have this look. Your wearing no clothes, yet you still walk around like you don't care. Your covered in dirt, yet you don't ask for a shower. You are covered in scars, yet your not embarrassed. Why?" He says curiously. I shrug.

"I never wear clothes, too hot. And Nala say battle scars are not to be ashamed of," I whisper. The though of Nala still causes me grief.

"But the dirt, you don't want a shower or something?"

"What a shower?" I ask hesitantly, I don't want to look stupid. The mans eyes widen in what I think is shock.

"A shower, you know, soap, water, heat, getting clean?" He says, leaning forward.

I shake my head, "never heard. But I swim and walk under water wall, that count?"

"Water wall? Oh like a waterfall, no sweetie that doesn't count," he says as if he's talking to a cub. I almost growl at the thought, I am not a cub.

The woman walks into the room at that moment, hands the fabric to the man and goes to sit down again but stops when she sees what's on the couch. She gasps and starts sobbing, wrapping her arms around an unconscious Ryder. I growl, no one, even her, is allowed to touch him yet. Not until I say so.

The lady turns and is about to say something when the fabric hits my head. I turn and snarl at the man who threw the clothes at me, baring my teeth.

"Young lady, you are in my home, borrowing my clothes, and have been with my son for the last few weeks. The least you can do is show my wife some respect!" He shouts at me. I sigh and bare my neck, showing him he's already won.

I slip on the clothes so they don't feel uncomfortable but am instantly surrounded by heat. I sigh and turn to the boy who changed my life, caressing his head. He stirs again and this time regains consciousness.

When he realises where he is his eyes fly open and scan the room, stopping when they land on me. I smile as he shifts and throws his arms around my neck.

"Peace! Oh my god! My parents didn't kill you! Well, our parents, but still your alive! What are you doing here? Wait is Hunter here as well? He better not be or else I'll rip him to shreds. Either way oh my god!" He yells into my hair. I laugh and return the gesture by wrapping my arms around him, pulling him close.

"I alive, and he not here or I would have kill him," I laugh. Someone coughs behind us.

"Son, go get something on and come back downstairs. You have some explaining to do," the man says, staring at me. The woman looks shocked- why I don't know. Ryder eagerly nods and races away, returning with clothes on in record time.

He plops onto the couch next to me, staring at the beings before us. Ryder starts off.

"Mum, Dad, this is Peace. Peace, this is my- our, mum and dad," he says. I scrunch my face up.

"Nala and Harold me parents. I no know these person," I say, gesturing to the people in front of me.

"Nala and Harold would have been your adoptive parents. These are your real parents," he argues.

I sigh in defeat, who knows what his will is like. According to his parents he was gone for 3 weeks at Hunters house. Meaning he was in that hell hole just like me.

"Ryder. Who is this girl? Why is she covered in dirt? And why did she turn up naked carrying you- in wolf form I might add- like you weighed nothing?" 'Dad' asks. Ryder turns to me.

"You carried me all the way here from the jungle? Wow," he says. I nod and my cheeks heat up.

"She's not your mate is she?" The 'mum' asks fearfully. Ryder shakes his head, "then who is she?" The mother asks again.

"This is-"

Ha! I'm ending it there! Sorry but I thought it would create suspense. Mwahahaha!

I am so so so so so sorry for not updating ANY of my books, and school isn't a valid excuse for the however many months it's been. I've had really bad writers block so I've made like, 5 new stories that I'm trying to finish and I feel so bad! God, I hope you guys can forgive me and will keep reading but I understand if you don't.
*sighs and sadly retreats*

-Wolfy