Chapter 15- Ryder

I'm going to do my first dedication. This is for leeskykey for their amazing comment that just made my day! Thanks again and enjoy!

EDITED

--Ryder--

Today I decided to skip. I've waited 2 years to see her smiling face again and I don't want to wait any longer. My parents may not believe she's my sister but I can tell the connection is there.

After much searching I find her wandering around near the stream, kicking rocks with a solemn expression on her fuzzy face. I remember the way her fur felt under my skin two years ago, the night she almost died. While thinking I accidentally hit a rock. She spins around to face me, at first she looked ready to defend herself before she realised its just me.

"Hey there Peace. How's things in your life?" I ask, knowing I won't get an answer. She starts bouncing around, overjoyed at seeing my face just like I am at seeing hers. Even if it's just her cat face. I give her a tight squeeze in which she instantly returns. She shifts back into her human form from the pure joy of seeing me. If I could shift I probably would have done the same thing.

Neither of us notice the presence behind us. Well I did but I chose to ignore it. A large, black wolf growls at us, startling us both. Peace is instantly on her feet, or paws since she shifted. She takes up a protective stance in front of me- it's like our thing now.

She growls at the wolf menacingly. He stares at her for awhile before shifting his gaze to me. I feel Peace shiver in front of me. The wolf shifts. The man standing before me is definitely an alpha, of which pack I don't know.

"Why was my mate naked?" He asks.

"Because she doesn't own any clothes," I answer, "wait... Did you just say mate?"

"Yes, why were you hugging my mate while she was naked?" He asks.

"Mate!" I shout, "f*ck!" I start pacing. The alpha looks confused.

"What?" I turn to face him. My expression deadly serious.

"She can't have a mate. It's possible but she shouldn't have a mate. It's not fair on her, that stupid f*cking goddess had to give her a f*cking mate!" I scream. Throwing a rock into the water.

"Why is this a bad thing?" I glare at him.

"Because she isn't meant for your life, she won't know how society works. Where she lives it's hunt, eat, sleep, repeat," I answer slowly for him. He's definitely confused.

I hear her whimper and watch as she slumps to the ground. Tears pour down her face, why would she be upset? The alpha walks over to her, gingerly picking her up. As soon as she's securely in his arms she starts squirming.

"Put her down you idiot!" I scream at him, he quickly places her on the ground. Once on the ground she retreats a few steps. Peace hisses at the alpha and meows at me before running in the direction of her cave.

The alpha once again turns his gaze on me.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Her brother," I reply before walking off.

Hehe. Anyone else liking these cliffhangers?? I hope so. Another reminder about the cover stuff, I know I've been going on about it, but I'd really love some people to send stuff in.

I think thats it for now....

-Wolfy