Chapter 27- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

"Peace I'm coming to get you. We're going home," is all he says before storming out of the picture. I hear one of those entrance things- which I found out is a door- slam shut. I look to Katharine.

She's closing the box and packing up. I stare. She doesn't bother with our goodbye. Instead she just leaves, leaving me sitting there in confusion.

I recognised both people. That Hunter person scared me. I remember him, I saw him when I was taken. He was there telling the people what to do. I wanted so badly for him to make everyone stop. It was instinct to growl at him and yet when I did I felt bad, I had wanted... I had wanted him. It's weird, like I had some connection. I saw the look on his face and wanted to take back what I said instantly but pride got in the way.

The door to the jungle room flys open. The last person I wanted to see standing in the way of my exit. I get on all 4's and back up until I hit the wall. He come closer. I look to the door, my only escape. I look at him, the person I want. I think of the boy, his promise to get me.

I don't know what to choose. Do I run? Do I co-operate with him? Or do I wait for the boy to appear? He comes closer and I wish I could shift so so so badly. Why did they have to give me that thing, what did Katharine call it?... Oh yeah, wolfsbane. Why did I have to be given wolfsbane?

He's only 10 maybe 20 steps away so I make the worst split second decision of my life- I wait. I have a feeling he isn't horrible so I lay down, head bowed, eyes averted. A low growl comes from the doorway.

Involuntarily my eyes flick to the person standing in the door. It's the boy.

"Hunter, I would like permission to take my sister home," the boy says slowly. His familiar blue eyes boring into Hunter's stunning green ones.

"Look, Ryder, I get your case but I need her. You of all people should know this by now," Hunter answers the boy- Ryder.

"Do I have say?" I ask. Yes, I get it, my whatever-language-they-speak isn't very good.

Both boys turn to face me, Hunter speaking first, "of course. But since I already know your choice I'm defending it."

I narrow my eyes, trying to come up with a way to phrase what I'm thinking. Ryder beats me to the punch.

"She should get a say, it is her life after all. She might want to go back to her friends. She might want her old life back. Just let her come with me," he says. I growl at him for the first time ever.

"I don't like old life. Nala dead in old life," I shake my head. Hunter smiles victoriously, "but I don't like new life. I want learn, I want friends, I want half life."

I hope that makes sense. My old life was crap, Nala had just died and Amber and Trixie were ignoring me. My new life is a living nightmare, sure I get to learn and all that but I don't get to leave this room, I don't get to see the world around me. I want what's in the middle of these two lives, I want my friends back and I want to keep learning. I hope they realise that.

Both are startled but I don't know why. Either way I take the opportunity to run. Even though Ryder is in the door I'm able to squeeze past as I tear past. Its almost funny.

I run on 4 legs as it's easier then 2. I have no idea how to navigate this place so I just run, trying every door I see. I run down stairs and up hallways and eventually find myself in a large space. I don't take in its beauty but instead head straight for the huge wood door that I'm hoping leads to the outside world.

The door is heavy and hard to open but I eventually get it open. The blinding sun scorches my eyes as I run blindly into the outside world in which I haven't seen for a long long time. As I run I hit something hard, I think its a tree.

I sit down to let my tender eyes adjust to the searing light created by the sun. And yes, I sit how I would do if I was home. I hate how the walkers sit, its uncomfortable and weird.

After a long wait my eyes adjust to the light that is no longer fake. I look at what I had bumped into to find out its a person. This person is tall and blocking my path.

I scramble to my feet, 4's of course, and try to sidestep past this person. They move with me, again and again and again until I give up and plonk down again. Maybe if I intimidated this thing it would move? Like the monkeys, if you scared them they scattered.

Deciding it's worth a shot I lower myself to the ground, faking a surrender. The huge person looks down at me with curiosity. I think curiosity was what killed Beckett- Nala's mate. Anyway, I reach the ground and hold my position for a few seconds before springing up and growling as loud and low as I can in this form. The person jumps back, momentarily stunned.

I take the chance and dart past him/her into the trees. My feet pound the hard earth, soothing me with its rhythm.

Ice! Ice! Where are you going? What's happened? Ice! A voice I haven't heard from in a long time screams in my head.

Hey, if Raven's back then I can shift! I watch a tree approach, and launch myself over its huge trunk, shifting into the familiar form of the most majestic creature to ever live.

I'm fine Raven. I was doing what you said but something came up and I uh, may have run off. Please don't be mad!! I scream at her through our link.

You did what! She screams at me. I wince at how loud she is.

I decide to ignore her, seeing as I'm in the middle of running for my life. I push myself harder and wonder- where am I? I know I'm not close to the jungle that's for sure, the trees around me are different, the leaves smaller, the moss greener. This isn't my home.

I don't think as I run, well, I don't think as I run until I hear the pounding of many many paws on this hard packed earth. Their going to catch me.

Uh oh, let's hope Peace is alright by the end of this. Again, not much to say.

-Wolfy out