Chapter 18- Hunter

EDITED

--Hunter--

I don't know how I'm gonna pull this off. From the moment I got back I've been in my office with Taylor trying to figure out how this will work.

"What if the Eagles are stationed here," she points to a place on the map, "the Hawks over here, the night owls here and alpha team here?"

I shake my head," it won't work. I want to be as close as possible to make sure everything runs smoothly."

My head warrior, Shaun, walks into the room at that exact moment, rubbing his hands together.

"Let's get started shall we?" He says.

-------------

It took awhile but eventually we came up with a plan. The best part, I'm allowed to take my teams down because this is our 'training' visit. Shaun is currently briefing my teams on how this operation is going to work.

"Are you 100% sure this is going to work?" I ask Taylor again.

"Yes, now you need to calm down. It's going to be in and out. Your father thinks your going to leave at dawn to get home early. Nothing suspicious about it, now go get ready," she says, shoving me towards the bathroom.

I nod and enter.

-------------------------

"Are all units in position?" I ask through the walking talkie. Even though this is a serious mission I've really wanted to go undercover like a secret agent and now was as good a time as any.

"Affirmative, night owls are ready for the signal," Shaun voice crackles through the small device in my hand. I nod at a brown speckled wolf who lets out an quiet howl, signalling the others to start moving in on Dark Night.

I watch Shaun's team enter the waterfall silently. Everything's going according to plan. I wait and wait and wait. Nothing. No yells, no yelps, nothing.

Shaun emerges.

"All's quiet. She's not there Albatross," Shaun says. I curse.

"Where is she then!" I whisper yell back.

"No idea," he answers.

"Hey, Albatross. We have a situation over here with the Eagles. Come immediately, wolves required," Taylor's voice sounds over the radio. I get alpha team to shift and take off to Eagles position.

Taylor's team are circling something, all have shifted. I push my black wolf past the team surrounding the creature. One look at its eyes and I know who it is.

"That her?" Taylor asks. I shake my huge head. This is one of the golds, one of the actual panthers.

The cat growls and takes a swipe at one of the wolves who instantly snarls in return. A louder, more threatening growl sounds behind us. Everyone turns to take a look, eyes trained on one individual. Standing atop a rock that looms high over our heads is a cat. She stands smugly, looking down at us. Well... Not us, only one individual. I would love to say it's me but that would be lying. Her blue eyes are boring into gold-y's.

She gracefully lands among us, her paws softly hitting the hard rock. Everyone is stunned, I can see by the way she holds herself she doesn't find us threatening. She looks as if she's talking to the other cat, who is glaring daggers at her head. I let out a possessive growl aimed at the glaring cat.

All eyes flick to me, then my mate. Understanding written all over their features. I feel her eyes look at me, recognising me, she doesn't look happy. I swear she growled again, but quickly covered it up with a yowl aimed at the sky. Not seconds after does the final cat join their ranks.

Everyone just look stunned.

"Get her!" I shout at them through mind link. They quickly advance, scared into action. What I didn't expect was for Peace to take the first swipe. One of alpha team got one step too close and quickly retreated with a nasty scratch near their windpipe. The three made a circle and lashed out at anyone who got too close.

After about 10 minutes of this I got my men to retreat with strict instructions on what's going to happen. Her two helpers instantly ran, obviously tired of the 'fight'. Peace went to leave as well, not without a growl, when Hawks cut her off.

The ring slowly started closing in and I could hear her cries for help. She knows she needs help to take down this many wolves, but no one comes running. I ask the people on the outer edge to shift and grab her. I watch my mate struggle in their grasp, shaking so violently that she shifts, making it easier for my warriors to carry her to the vehicle. I cringe at how roughly she's thrown into the horse float.

But soon enough we're on our way home with my mate.

Poor Peace. I feel bad that she's just gotten kidnapped. Hopefully Hunter's nice to her though. PRAY FOR HER PEOPLE!!!

-Wolfy