Chapter 34- Ryder

EDITED

--Ryder--

He pushes me to the ground and I fall limp, gasping, not getting enough air. I can't breathe and I'm scared that the knife drew blood. My parents quickly help me to my feet and make a fuss. I hate how their worried about me, not their daughter.

I push them off and watch in horror as he carries her off into the trees. I want to scream and shout at the world. I want to let out every single emotion I have contained inside my being. I want to spit at my parents, to walk away again. But they grab my arms just as I'm about to do so.

"Let go of me!" I scream in frustration.

"Son, you need to calm down," dad says, his grip tightening ever so slightly.

"But you don't understand, thats-" I start.

"I know who she is," dad whispers.

"What? And you just let her go!" I shout.

"It's not what you think son. I just-" he starts.

"You just hand over your daughter to some random guy who is a potential murderer! How the hell could you do that?" I scream at him.

"Enough!" He shouts, "that's enough from you for today. We're going home and I'll explain everything tomorrow. Understand?"

I cower away and nod. My dads beta side is really scary sometimes. I let them both help me to the house and to my bed where I fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.

-------------

"Care to explain" I say to my father when he walks into the living room. It's only 8:16. Just to be technical.

He groans and rubs his face, "it's too early for this shit."

"I don't care what the time is- I want answers," I say, looking back to the TV. He sighs and sits on the couch beside me. I turn to face him.

"What do you want to know?" He asks. I shrug.

"When did you first realise who she is?" I ask in retaliation, deciding to start at the start of my long lost of questions.

"The first time I saw her," he answers guiltily.

"And why didn't you say anything? Why did you yell at me for knowing something you didn't want me to know?" I fire, I really want to shout right now.

"Because I was scared. I didn't know what she had become- I don't know her anymore," he admits, hanging his head.

"Why did you let him take her?" I whisper.

"Because he's an alpha. Every alpha needs his Luna. If I had defended her I could be sent to prison. I've seen what they do to people there and I do not want that to be me," he answers. I nod.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks. I nod again.

"Why are you so set on keeping her safe?" He questions.

"I don't know. It's complicated. I've never lived with a sibling before so I guess I just wanted to have that company," I whisper in response.

"How about we interrogate each other later. I'm hungry," dad suggests standing up. I get up as well and follow him into the kitchen.

Yes, I know. Ryder's chapter is short, but I'm doing a triple update today. I'm starting the editing tomorrow hopefully. See you in the epilogue!

-Wolfy