Chapter 14- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

I bounce around happily at the sight of those forgotten eyes. That small patch of fur atop his head. The way his face lights up at the sight of me. I jump over and lick his face with my rough tounge, he laughs at the action.

This is a welcome distraction to my brain and its annoying thoughts. And I haven't seen him since the night I almost died because of the walkers. He's grown a lot, probably another paw maybe two. He starts rambling in that foreign language, I try to understand but its impossible, he's not making any sense. If only I could speak his language or he could speak mine.

Either way when he embraces me I latch onto him as well, I think I shift back but I'm not sure. I'm so overjoyed at seeing him again I don't notice the presence behind me until it's too late.

The black beast looms over us, growling. I make sure I'm in my 'animal' form before sheilding the boy. It points it's red eyes on me, making me shiver. Why I don't know. Either way I growl, low and deadly. The beast stares at me for awhile before turning to the boy behind me.

While staring at the boy it shifts into a walker. What did Nala call them again?... Shifters, that's right. Man I'm an idiot when it comes to remembering things Nala told me. Nala...

I whimper out loud at the thought of her. Why did she have to die? Why not wait a winter or two? Why is life so hard to get through? I slowly sink to the ground, acidentallty shifting, warm water flowing from my eyes down my face. I bring my hands up to wipe away the water, letting out a sob.

Nala I wail, why did you have to leave?

The two beings standing near me stop whatever they were doing to stare at me. I ignore them, consumed with thoughts of my late mother. I think I heard the boy shouting at the shifter but I can't be sure. Only do I stop when I'm picked up, strong hands wrapping around my cold body, warmth shooting up my arms and back and tingles shooting down my spine.

I wriggle, hiss and squirm until the shifter puts me back on the ground. I jump up to my feet, let out another hiss to the shifter, a meow to the boy and run to the safety of my cave.

Hi! How's everyone liking the book?

Quick question- how does a YouTube channel sound? I've already got an account and was wondering if you guys thought it would be a good idea to start posting. I almost think it's too early for one but I'm gonna leave the decision up to you.

If I get over 20 people comment saying its a good idea then I will start videoing. Uh... That's it I think.

-Wolfy