Chapter 25- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

I don't know how many moons have passed. I don't know if it's winter or not. It's too hard to tell in this foreign place. I wish I could ask Raven but she isn't answering. Every now and then I'm given that thing that made me fall asleep, now it doesn't though and I found out it stops me from shifting.

I'm learning more and more about the walkers. I'm learning how to speak their language. I'm learning to walk like they do. I'm learning about the weird stuff on their backs- clothes- and why it's needed. I'm learning that they cook their meat and eat something called vegetables. I'm learning that Katharine is really patient and kind. The one thing I'm not learning is why I'm here.

I wish I was able to ask but I don't know how. And it sucks. I want to ask Katharine why, why am I here, why am I needed, why is she teaching me, why I'm not allowed to shift. I want to ask who, who brought me here, who is she really, who is the wolf with the red eyes. I want to ask how, how did she find me, how did red eyes find me. I want to ask what day it is. I want to ask where I am. There are so many, too many, questions floating around my head that I might never be able to ask.

"Hey Peace," the girl in question says entering the 'jungle room'. She's one of the only people I allow to call me Peace, other then the boy of course.

"Hi," I greet. I think I'm doing pretty good with this new language thing.

"How are you?" She asks, we always do this so I get used to answering simple questions like this with different answers.

"Bored," I answer.

She smiles at me, "so I was thinking today I would introduce you to someone."

I nod in understanding. This new language is super easy to understand. Katharine opens her... I don't know what it's called. It's red, a rectangle and folds open to reveal buttons with letters on it.

She presses some buttons, swipes her hand over a bumpy red part then shows me the part with the lights on.

Sitting there is a person. He has a mop of light brown hair and green eyes much like Nala's. The person just sits there, watching me. I tilt my head left and right, it's eyes following my movements. Katharine looks amused.

"Peace, this is Hunter," she introduces me without bothering to say anything to the person- Hunter. That's a weird name, does he like hunting or something? Was he named like I was named?

He brings up a hand and shakes it side to side, I watch the movement.

"Hi Peace. I'm so happy to meet you after all this time," his smile is sideways making it look stupid. I growl and step back.

"Not Peace to you," I snarl. He frowns.

"What do you want me to call you then?"

I think but it doesn't take me long to answer since I learnt this word in his language a while ago, "Ice."

Katharine looks confused, I never told her about the name Nala gave me because I didn't know how.

"Ok then. Hi Ice, it's great to meet you." He says, looking just as confused as Katharine.

I growl again, "not nice to meet you."

"Katharine," he says slowly, she turns the box thing around, "why is this not working? I thought you said she was making progress, so far the only difference is she's able to talk and is wearing something which, I might add, is very revealing."

I look down at what I chose. I'm not a fan of this clothes concept so I picked a pair of grey shorts and what Katharine calls a crop top. I'm used to creating my own body heat so I'm boiling right now.

"She chose those clothes not me, I swear. And with the progress, she has been. She was so nice before, I was even thinking of taking her off of wolfsbane. I don't know what happened, the bond should be working!" She quickly defends herself.

"Well I need something done about this. That kid, Ryder or something, is getting really annoying. He really wants to see his 'sister'." My ears perk at that, hoping it's who I think it is.

"I see boy?" I ask. Katharine looks at me, then the box. The man inside sighs but I don't see if he agrees or not.

Within 20 stamps the box is facing me again while I look expectantly at the light part, hoping with all my heart it's who I think it is.

"Sit," I hear Hunter say to someone, he's not in the picture. I hear footsteps in the background. A face I recognise pops into the picture. I feel my face light up. So does the other persons.

"Peace."

I feel so mean! While I've been writing the story mentioned in the last chapter I've been neglecting this one. I am so sorry! I'm just excited and happy and forgetful. I'm going to make a point of writing at least 2 chapters tonight.

And even though none of you have asked yet, I don't think I'll do a sequel. They're normally boring and dull so I'm not going to bother. I will, of course, be doing an epilogue though. Because they are awesome. But I'm not up to that yet. Just keeping you informed!

-Wolfy

P.S. Sorry for the long authors notes.