Confessing

Fred's POV
"She what?!?"
"She went looking for you. She confessed how she truly feels about you too." George was so calm.
"Well what did she say?!?" It was eating up inside me.
"That's not my place to tell, just like how I didn't tell her how you felt. If you want to know you have to talk to y/n."
I plopped onto my bed feeling angry at myself. Tonight was a disaster. I had given y/n the wrong impression that I was interested in Angelina. I needed to talk to her.

Y/n had been avoiding me all week. I never saw her during breakfast, walking along the corridors, dinner, even Care for Magical Creatures! I don't know what I was most shocked about. How well she was avoiding me or a Ravenclaw skipping class.

"Hagrid, do you know why y/n hasn't been here?" I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with her either.
"Oh well she said she wasn't feeling good, but she comes to my hut everyday teaching her what I teach in class. Why?" Hagrid seemed suspicious on why I had been asking.
"Oh no reason. Thanks." I walked away. Y/n had gone through all this trouble just to avoid me.

Then it hit me. Maybe she was going to Hagrid's during dinner?!? There was only one way to test my theory out and I was going to stop by Hagrid's later tonight.

~Later during dinner~
"I gotta go. See you later." I didn't bother to touch my food. I had made it to Hagrid's hut and knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" I heard him yell from the inside.
"It's Fred Weasley. I was just wondering if y/n was here." He opened the door to see me awkwardly standing there.
"I'm sorry you just missed her. I can tell her you stopped by when she comes tomorrow."
"No that's okay. Thank you for your time." I walked back up to the castle. Damn it! I was heading over to the common room because I had given up trying. Then someone pulled me behind a pillar.

Y/N POV
I had been avoiding Fred because I had come up with a plan. At first I was heartbroken, but thanks to George I had some information on how Fred was feeling, but he didn't tell me everything which I understood. I woke up an hour early, discovered new ways to classes, met up with Hagrid during dinner to catch me up on his class, and since I had always been nice to Dobby he would let me in the kitchen giving me some leftovers for dinner.

I just finished my daily private lesson with Hagrid and was passing by the Great Hall. I noticed Fred leave the Gryffindor table and followed him to figure out he was going to Hagrid's hut. Hagrid must've told him. I didn't mind and was quite relieved. Fred was coming back up, I just hid behind a pillar that was on the way to the Gryffindor common room. Please come this direction. I heard footsteps and the second I saw him I pulled him behind the pillar with me. He looked confused, but then was surprise to see me.
"Y/N! What are you doing? Why have to you been avoiding me?" It was now or never.
"Shut up. Let me speak because your only gonna hear this once." He shut his mouth and I felt your heart beating faster and faster. I took a deep breath.
"So here it is. Freddie you have caught my eye the second I saw you when I stepped into the Great Hall. I had accepted being friends for the longest time, but that day we held hands during the first task I knew I wanted to be more than that. The next day when we returned to class professor Snape made me smell the Amortentia and I smelled fireworks, burning wood, and your cologne. I didn't say the last one in front of the class because it was going to be a dead give away, but that's when I realized I loved you. It's crazy saying this because we've only known each other for a few months, but I was so excited when you asked me to Hogsmeade and when we were at the lake it felt so nice and right. My heart sank when you asked Angelina to the ball. Me saying all of this is scary because I still don't know where you stand and if you don't feel the same way that's totally fine, bu-" Fred grabbed my face lifting me to my tippy toes and pulled crashing our lips together. I had started kissing him back deepening it, until he pulled away, our foreheads touching.
"I love you too y/n and I've known that for a long time." I looked into his eyes smiling. He leaned back in for another kiss, but this one was shorter.
"I'm so sorry if I hurt you. I won't do anything to try to hurt you. I promise." I started blushing again. His words were comforting and made me feel safe.
"So what does this mean?" I had already a hunch on what the answer was, but wanted it to hear it from him.
"Y/n let's restart. Will you be my girlfriend?" Fred seemed nervous which made made me let out a small giggle.
"Of course Freddie." I went on my toes and kissed his cheek. His cheeks were flushed red.
"Come on." Fred grabbed my hand and started running.
"Fred slow down! Where are we going?!?"
"We're going back to the common room. I think they deserve to know." I stopped running and pulled him back.
"Are you sure?"
"I am, but if your not then I understand."
"Only Ginny, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Lee, Angelina, and George. Speaking of George did you know he fancied Angelina?"
"He did?! That's why he was so upset when he saw me asking her!"
"Are you blind? It was so obvious." I was shaking my head in disbelief.
"Well I'll talk to a George later, but now come on!" He grabbed my hand and once again started running.

"Fairy lights." The fat lady opened the portrait hole. When we entered exactly the people we wanted to tell were in the common room and no one else. Everyone had automatically looked down at our intertwined hands.
"Wait! Are you guys together!" Ginny was the first one to speak.
"Yep. Just made it official like 3 minutes ago." Fred spoke up while I was blushing.
"Well it's about time!" George swung his hands up in the air.

We were hanging in the common room until I noticed it was almost midnight. I was laying on Fred's lap while he was running his hands through my hair on the floor. I sat up.
"This was lots of fun, but I need to go back to my dorm."
"Do you want me to walk you there?"
"No it's okay Freddie. I'll be fine, plus I found a couple of ways to get around the school without getting caught." I kissed Freddie on the cheek and stood up.
"Goodnight." I turned around and waved before leaving.
I heard them all say "goodnight" as I walked out through the portrait hole. As I was walking along the corridors I felt butterflies in my stomach and smiled like an idiot. I love Fred and he loves me.

A/N- Happy Valentine's Day!💗 This was the perfect day to post this chapter, but if you think this is the end of the story then think again. It's far from over. Also will only post 1-3 parts a week since I have gotten busier.