After the Holidays

Y/N POV
I had decided to go back home for the holidays. My parents asked how Fred was and how we were doing, but I lied saying we were doing fine. I don't know if they believed me though. I had also told them about quidditch, Mr. Weasley, and Umbridge.

"Oh, I've heard of her. Horrible woman by the sounds of it." My mom said as we were eating dinner.
"She's very foul."
"Is she the person who keeps sending us letters on you getting detention?" My dad looked up having some interrogating face.
"I can explain. She just makes me so mad. I can't control myself and she just brings out the worst in me. May I add she's also the reason I blacked out." I sat back in my seat with my arms crossed.
"You have to be the bigger person sweetie." I looked at my mom reaching for my hand.
"Your mums right. Moving on though, when you get back please ask Fred how his father is doing. Now eat." There was no way I was going to talk to Fred, so might as well ask Ginny, George, or Ron.

"How was your break?" I had found a compartment with Ginny and Luna.
"It was fine I guess. Also, how's your dad Ginny?"
"He's doing fine. We were worried sick at first, but he came back on Christmas morning."
"Well, that's probably the best present you can get." I nudged her and she let out a small smile.
"Speaking of presents I got you one. Here." She handed me a small box and I opened revealing a small charm bracelet with a broomstick, a quaffle, and an eagle.
"It's beautiful. Do you mind helping me?" She grabbed the charm bracelet and put it around my wrist.
"I got you something as well." I handed her a box and there was a The Holyhead Harpies shirt. I knew it was her favorite quidditch team.
"Thank you y/n." She hugged me and I hugged back.
"Don't forget about mine," Luna spoke up. She handed me a pack of a few special edition Quibblers with a blue bow on top.
"Thank you Luna and here you go." I handed her a wrapped box. She opened it up and hugged the new pair of shoes.
"Thank you so much y/n." Now hopefully her shoes wouldn't go missing.

We were talking about our break and I knew we were almost at Hogwarts.
"I'm gonna give George his Christmas present." I left the compartment to find George. I had also gotten Fred a present before we broke up. You can do this. I took a deep breath before continuing to find their compartment.

"Hey y/n," I opened the compartment door and saw George, and across from him was Katie on Fred's lap snogging him. The pain was coming back, but I tried my best to ignore it.
"I just wanted to give you your present." I turned to face George.

"Oh wow, thanks y/n!" George got up to hug me once he saw I gave him a few pranking supplies.
"Here you go, Fred." He turned to me taking Katie off his lip. She did a little pout and crossed her arms. She was acting like a five-year-old.

I waited to see his reaction. I had given him a few pranking supplies as well, but it also came with a few recipes for new products that they wanted to create. I had originally bought him something more personal, but I saw no point in giving it to him anymore.
"Here y/n. You don't have to open it right now, but the smaller one is from me and the bigger one is from my mum." George handed me two boxes.
"Thanks, Georgie." I went back to my compartment.

"Y/n. Wait!" I turned around and saw Fred. He stood there shyly and I locked eyes with those adorable hazel eyes. The butterflies came back and all I wanted to do was kiss him, but then I remembered how he hurt me.
"Thanks for the present. Sorry I didn't get you anything." He looked at the floor avoiding eye contact.
"Don't worry Fred, but I hope your dad continues to get better." I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked back at me. He wanted to say something more, but I guess he thought better against it. How I wanted to know what was going through his mind right now, but I just turned away continuing to walk back to my compartment.

George's POV
"Excuse me. I have to go the bathroom." Fred rushed out of our compartment. You better be going off to y/n. I don't know what was up with him, but I knew he generally loved y/n. Sometimes he would act like his regular self and others like a total git.

"Can I talk to you, Georgie?" I looked up and saw Angelina.
"I'll just leave." Katie got up and walked out probably looking for Fred.
"I need to tell you something important." She sat down next to me with seriousness.
"What's wrong?"
"I heard from Alicia what Katie did."
"Did what?" I was concerned about hearing this.
"When you all were fighting Katie had managed to slip some liquid into Fred's mouth. It was a love potion."

A/N-Leaving on a cliffhanger I guess. Things are getting interesting.