「EIGHT」

Yuta couldn't breath, and there was no more strength left in him to swim upwards to the surface.. So he let himself fall, deeper into the sea. Maybe this was a nice way to go, falling into the sea, and dying in the deep blue, dying where he killed that siren...

And someone else dove in, pulling Yuta up to the surface, and threw him onto the boat. Mark. It was Mark who had dove him and fished him out, and Mark quickly started CPR, until the Japanese's eyes flew open, and he started coughing, spitting out water until his throat felt like it was burning.

Yuta finally sat up, and Mark sighed in relief, handing him a bottle of fresh water. "Rinse your mouth." Winwin walked over, staring at Yuta. "Hy-Hyung, are you okay?" Yuta nodded, then glared at him. "You idiot I told you not to swim too far, and I told you not to go swimming, your leg could get caught easily here, and you could-" Winwin burst into tears, and collapsed onto Yuta. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE MY LIFE SO HARD FOR ME?" He yelled, crying and sobbing. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP SAVING ME?"

The Japanese was taken back for a while, but then he slowly patted Winwin's back. "Its okay, you're safe and not drowning now, that's what matters-"

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ME? I COULD BE ANYONE, YOU ONLY MET ME A DAY AGO! And you've- you've welcomed me into your house, you've saved my life 4 bloody times, you got bitten by a shark for me, you ended a damn date early for me and you just NEARLY FUCKING DROWNED FOR ME!" Yuta didn't do anything, and continued patting Sicheng's back, soothing the chinese.

"Hey, Sichengie, it's okay-" "IT'S NOT! WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ME?" Yuta looked at him blankly, frowning. "Because I do. Because we're friends, aren't we? Because we'll have each other's backs? Because I can't just watch an innocent life fade?"

Winwin froze upon hearing that, he literally stiffened in Yuta's arms, his blood running cold. Then- then how could he have killed Ten? Yuta literally tried to save him so many times, risking his life for Sicheng, then how could he have killed Ten? There was no way Yuta would do such a thing, right? He was one of the purest and most gentle souls Winwin had ever met, who would even- who else in this world would risk their life for a 'friend' they met ago? Thrice?

Because of the ocean water dripping off him, Sicheng could hear Kun's voice in his head. "Because you're a human for now. And we're not human, we're sirens. We're the mer-folk, and he hates us, all of us. He hunts us down and kills us, you know so. If he ever finds out you're a siren, you think he'll hesitate to leave you? To kill you?"

Winwin bit his lips, trying to sob the sobs coming out as Yuta continued soothing him, calming the chinese down. "Hey, it's alright, you're safe now, no one else can hurt you.." Winwin continued crying, holding onto the Japanese like he was the only anchor that could keep the siren stable in the world.

Johnny was on the other beach, and he was staring at the sea now, wondering whether he should show Yuta that photo. His boyfriend ran over, smiling at Johnny. "Johnny!! I'm just gonna go to the toilet real quick, okay? Be right back!"

Johnny nodded, and got up, started taking a stroll down the beach, until he saw someone sitting there on the sand, his ankle twisted in a weird angle. "Um- hi, are you okay?" 

The man hissed in pain, and looked up, shaking his head. "Thanks for asking, I just twisted my ankle while walking.." Johnny saw his boyfriend approaching, and shouted. "Hey, baby! Can you get the medical box? Let me just go and get the wheelchair!" 

Johnny's boyfriend nodded, and grabbed the first-aid kit, running towards the man sitting in the sand, but as their eyes met, they both froze in place. 

"TEN?"

"KUN?"