What Is a Good Father?

"Lady Erina, I'll definitely win for you. I will never leave Lady Erina's side!"

Hisako.

"Watch me win against the Elite Ten! I'll show you that I'm way better than you!"

Alice.

"Let's become second years together!"

Everyone.

.

.

.

Will I be the only one left?

________________________________________________________________________________

"Yukihira Soma, you're ridiculous, why would I accept such a match? There is no reason for me to accept or listen to your demands. You have to bet something on the line for me to even consider."

It's the end.

She won't be able to play cards with the Polar Star dorm.

She won't be able to see the crazy animals in Yoshino's room.

She won't be able to secretly try makeup with Sakaki in her room.

She won't be able to party in Zenji's room.

She won't be able to read the secret manga collection Tadokoro recommended her.

She won't be able to smell the pleasant smoke from Ibunsaki's wood that woke her every morning.

Nor hear the loud argument that took place every day between Aoki and Sato.

Nor try any of their crazy, fun, unorthodox cooking. Nor hear their joking cries of pleas after her classes.

"Erina sensei!"

Erina will be alone with him until the end of time.

Sure, Shiro will be there, but...what if she changed? After all, she expelled Kurokiba Ryo when both of them were childhood friends. She expelled Yanai Ringo without any hesitation.

It's her fault. It's her fault. It's her fault. It's her fault. It's her fault. It's her fault. It's her fault.

What if...she was under her father's control?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

"You're so cold, Nakamura. After taking my daughter under your wing, you should at least treat my one and only son well don't you think?"

Erina opened her eyes again (when did she close her eyes?) and turned around to see the person she admired for her entire life. In an instant, hope seems to exist.

"Mister Saiba! Grandfather! What are you doing here?!"

It was the feeling of hope despite the despair around her.

How long had she not seen her grandfather and Saiba-senpai?

"Yo. It's been a while." He walked to her side and gave her a gentle smile. Then, gently wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheeks.

Just when did she start to cry?

She immediately turnsed away and wipe them away furiously, wanting to show him a brighter version of herself.

"Let's do a Regiment de Cuisine, Nakamura. Accept the challenge, because if I lose...I'll become a soldier of yours and close down Yukihira."

Erina freezes not only at his proposal but also at his confidence.