Of Reconcilations and Redemption

Everything happened all at once.

The Central regime was shut down. The Regiment de Cuisine will be delayed till everything has been settled. News spread like fire.

Many students left Totsuki after witnessing such a traumatic event. Realizing that they were manipulated and brainwashed certainly did not bode well with many.

Totsuki's reputation dropped, but with its reformation and aggressive marketing efforts that promised a better future with Nakiri Soe as the head, it stabilized quickly.

Totsuki became a figurehead in every media possible, and with White Corporation's support, its popularity skyrocketed.

But many were still worried about its policies, especially the Shokugeki system. Though some viewed it as a way to initiate friendly competition and an opportunity to grow, it ultimately brought more harm than good when exploited.

Nakiri Azami's regime demonstrated the absolute authority of the Shokugeki.

"Director, I believe we should change the Shokugeki system," Erina speaks up in front of the Elite Ten council and the new headmaster of Totsuki.

"Me too! I agree!"

There were a few nods, and a hand rose.

"I agree as well, however, this would fundamentally change Totsuki academy. It has always been a long-standing tradition in Totsuki since its foundation." Kunokuni Nene points out, also gaining a few nods.

"I understand. That is why we are only changing the 'compensation' component of the Shokugeki." Erina points out.

"Where no compensation is needed to be agreed upon in a Shokugeki."

"I see. Then anyone can challenge any person they'd like as long as the other party agrees. Even if they challenge us for the Elite Ten positions." Tsukasa finishes, gaining a nod of approval from Erina.

"That's the result I am aiming for."

"Have you considered possible negative outcomes or consequences?" Nakiri Soe speaks up while carefully looking over the report Shiro and Erina compiled.

"Yes. We may get backlash from the long-standing traditional families such as the Isshiki family that has supported us since our establishment, as well as the loss of prestige."

"You seem quite confident about this. I can see you thought a lot about this." To everyone's surprise, Erina shook her head fondly.

"This is from Tadokoro Megumi, I simply took her words to heart and wrote a report with Shiro."

"Tadokoro Megumi? The one with braids?" Eizan raises his brows in question. Shiro only jabs him before he jumps in his seat and curses.

"Yes. I'm ashamed that even I didn't have enough courage and awareness as she did to address this issue." Erina smiles, remembering the night prior, how Tadokoro went up to her with determination she has never expected.

"I don't want the Shokugeki to be exploited as a weapon anymore."

"Therefore, I hope you all would approve of this new policy. I personally will see it through." Soe smiles and organizes the papers in his hands.

"Then I will leave it to you. I approve."

With his stamp, it signaled a new era at Totsuki.

The car ride was uncomfortable to say the least.

Asahi not once turned to face his "father" who sat on his side, only watching him through the reflection on the window.