Chapter 13: Answers

Y/N sat alone in the living room of his apartment, still in disbelief after everything that happened today. Just a few hours earlier, he helped a depressed Sakura get home in the middle of a rainy night. Upon arriving at her house, her parents were in shock seeing the two of them drenched by the rain. He explained to them as to what had happened during her date with Vernon, and hoped that they'll be able to console her as well as they can.

Just before he said goodbye, Sakura stopped him for a bit and muttered a small thank you for helping her get home. He smiled and assured her that he'll always be there when she needs him like any friend would as he said goodbye to her.

Right now, he can't sleep while thinking what he can do to try and fix things in any way he could, for her sake.

Y/N's POV:

Even now, I still can't figure out why something like this had happened today.

I was prepared to accept the fact that they will be together from now on, and I already wished that the two of them will be much happier now.

But why did you have to do this to her, Vernon?

Until I know the answer, there's no way I will be able to be at peace knowing Kkura's in pain.

Yet, why am I not upset about any of this?

Is it true, that deep down I was still hoping that I still have that chance with her?

But even if I do, will she be able to accept me just as easily?

No, she won't, for she still loves him, and that's the truth.

Then there's Vernon, the very reason why all this had happened.

I know he's a good guy, and maybe he has his own reasons as to why he did that.

Yet, a part of me still hopes that he would reconsider, if that's the one thing that can solve all of this.

There's no reason for me to blame him, for I can't bring myself to do it. I'm not the type of person who would be upset at someone without knowing his/her reasons first.

But all the same, I have to talk to Vernon about all of this.

He's the only one who can explain the truth, and after that, I will make my decision.

End of POV

The next day, Y/N went to the university much earlier than usual, as he was determined to find and talk to Vernon as soon as possible. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to find him.

"That's weird. He told us before that he would always attend morning practice for the baseball club every morning. I don't want to assume things so quickly, but is he avoiding me or any of us on purpose?" He thought to himself.

As he was thinking this, someone tapped his shoulder.

"You seem to be thinking about something, Y/N. Are you all right?" Wonwoo asked him.

"Oh, I didn't notice you, Wonwoo. I'm sorry." He said as he sighed.

"Yah, it's Monday morning and you look depressed already? If it's too much to ask, would you mind telling me about it?" He asked.

"I don't know, but then again, you may be right. Fine, but you'll have to wait until lunchtime. Would that be okay with you?"

"Well sure, if that's what you want. By the way, where did you go yesterday?"