Chapter 33: Interval

A bright and pleasant morning welcomes Y/N as soon as he woke up from his bed. After a somewhat tiring but vibrant first day that he and his friends had yesterday, he took this as a sign that their remaining two days in Myeongdong will be much more exciting even, as their itineraries will surely be able to make their vacation a lot more fun and memorable for each of them.

He went towards the small kitchen to brew himself some coffee, all the while humming one of his favorite songs while doing so. On the other hand, Sakura is still asleep on the other bed, and her cute snores only made him chuckle knowing how relaxed she is. He couldn't blame her for feeling so tired, as she spent almost the whole afternoon yesterday touring the shopping arcade along with Minju and Hyewon.

After a few minutes, the coffee was ready, as he poured it in a medium-sized mug provided by the hotel. He then walked past his sleeping girlfriend as he made his way towards the terrace, taking some time to relax before getting ready for the rest of the day ahead.

"Wow, this coffee sure smells good." He told himself as he smelled the aroma before taking a sip. Once she does, he felt nothing but pure bliss as it did not disappoint when it comes to the taste.

"This is nice. I suppose it's to be expected, as I'm sure this is particularly expensive. There's no better way to start your day than this one, and the sky looks very clear today. It's perfect for our excursion later."

As he continues to admire the morning scenery below him with a cup on his hand, he failed to notice his girlfriend waking up after a good night's rest.

"Y/N, I want one too....." She softly said while rubbing her eyes, startling him a bit the moment she spoke.

"Good morning, Kkura. I'll pour some for you. Did you sleep well?" He asked her before making his way back to the kitchen.

"Yes I did. I guess you woke up early, that's not fair."

"Huh? Why would you say that? I woke up just a bit earlier than you did, and I figured not to disturb you since you were tired after we toured the city."

"But I want to wake up at the same time as you. Hmph."

Her cute reactions only made Y/N smile, as he then brought her a cup of coffee as well, but not before tickling her hoping that it would cheer her up, which she did.

The two of them went towards the terrace as Sakura also basked in the morning ambience that greeted her.

"This is beautiful. I wish I would always see something like this every morning." She said after she took a sip of her coffee.

"I agree with you on that, Kkura. Imagine if you are able to see a breathtaking view like this every morning, then your days will always start on a good note. Maybe we should plan on living on a place like this sometime in the future, don't you agree?" He teased her, earning him a playful punch from her.

"Oooh, thinking about the future already, Y/N? Hehe, I like that. But for now, I'm excited about the places we're about to visit today. But I still feel sad that we won't be able to do the zipline like we planned." She said before pouting.

"I know, but there's nothing that we can do about it. I guess we're just unlucky that they're doing maintenance for the whole place during the time of our vacation. Minju was also sad when I told her last night that we can't go. She's been looking forward to going there ever since I told her about it too."

"Poor Minju. But hey, at least we have a backup plan, right? Have you told the others about it?"

"No I haven't. It's still a surprise, just like you requested. I can't wait to see their reactions once we're there." He said while chuckling.