Chapter 35: Memory Pt. 2

"Look at it, Y/N. It's so beautiful, isn't it?"

"Well, of course it is. But Hyewon-ah, we'd already seen the sun set so many times here in our private spot. You should have gotten used to how pretty it is."

"I guess you're right. But still, I'm having the feeling that this one is much special."

"How so?"

"Hmm, I don't know. It's probably just my imagination. But one thing's for sure, and that I'll never get tired admiring it again and again, especially with you."

"Yah, you're just saying that to make me feel better."

"Huh? O-of course not! B-but, you did have it rough yesterday with your exam results."

"Oh please. Here I am, trying to forget the scolding that appa gave me, and yet you just had to remind me about it."

"Hehe, I'm sorry. But I know that you'll do better next time. If you don't, then I'm going to be the one giving you a lecture."

"Yikes. Now that's a perfectly good motivation for me to try my best then. Thank you, Hyewon."

"My pleasure. After all, we did promise each other that we'll both succeed with our dreams, right?"

"Yes we did. It makes sense that I should do well in my studies in order to get into a good university, just like we both planned on doing. But I have to ask, why do you want to be a professional photographer again?"

"Wait, you forgot? Aish, that's so like you, Y/N. Fine, then allow me to tell you once more, and you better not forget it this time. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. First, you of all people should know that I'm the type of person who's always fascinated by my surroundings, correct?"

"That's right. Whenever you see something interesting, you'll never hesitate to tell me what you think about it."

"Mhm. Even the most simplest of sights can have a story behind it, and each moment is special in its own right. For example, when you are simply walking down the street, you can see a lot of things happening at the same time. From the other people who are going about their way minding their own business, or a group of children who are buying some ice cream from a stall, it's all the same. But what most people don't realize is that even in the simplest of events, that moment holds significance as part of one's everyday life."

"That's a good point. Wow, you never fail to impress me with your own line of thoughts, Hyewon."

"Now look who's trying to compliment his way just to get on my good side? But at least you understand where I'm coming from. That said, I want to capture such moments with my camera, taking photos whenever I have such an opportunity. Then one day, I'll be able to relive those memories as I look at each one. There's nothing that can make me happier than to be able to look back at those precious moments that I shared with others, and that includes you too, Y/N."

"That's very inspiring, indeed. Come to think of it, I always thought that you're a very sentimental person through and through, even if you try to hide it from other people, even to our friends at school."

"True. But you're one of the very few who understands me for who I am, and I have to thank you again for it. You accepted me, just as I had accepted you. That day when you confessed to me will always be one of the happiest days of my life. My only wish is that we'll always be together. Even if something would happen that would cause us to be apart, know that I'll never forget the kindness that you had shown me, and for all that you had done just to make me happy like I am now."