Chapter 12

Derek couldn't stop thinking about their night at the club. The events kept replaying in his head as he remembered the way she danced circles around him. They way she venturously swayed on the table in front of hundreds of people without caring what they thought of her. He would never admit it, but a part of him wanted to be that way. Derek wasn't known to take many risks outside of the OR. When it came to his patients, he would move heaven on earth to get them the care that they needed; but he often found himself settling when it circled around to his personal life. He had no personal life, other than the vile woman who he'd earlier pissed off and was now sitting at a table eating whatever mess she concocted.

"Ridiculous." Derek shook his head, tray in hand as he sat down at the cafeteria table.

"Do you have a problem?" Meredith looked up from her lunch at the judgmental man and glared.

"I don't have a problem. But you," he motioned towards her plate, "you've got a problem." Meredith's tray was covered in sweets. It held a chocolate muffin, Twix bar, a miniature box of lucky charms, and a pink sprinkled donut.

"I don't see how this is a problem?" She pulled apart a piece of Twix and bit down on it, the wafer making a crunch and the caramel stretching to her mouth from the bar.

Derek took a bite of his salad. He had a plastic bowl filled with greens, carrots, cucumbers, croutons, nuts, and berries that Meredith probably didn't even know existed. She rarely ate salad, but if she did it wouldn't consist of half of the things on his. She might throw in a couple cherry tomatoes if she was feeling healthy.

"You will in twenty years when your arteries are clogged and I'm hovering over you during surgery. That I will be operating on, if I wasn't clear." Derek smirked and brought another forkful of lettuce to his lips.

"If you're ever hovering over me, it wouldn't be in an OR. Unless you're into that sort of thing. Role play? Is the charming Dr. Shepherd into patient doctor scenarios that end in his patient screaming 'fuck me' instead of save me?" Meredith smirked at the change in his body language.

"Dr. Grey, I like to keep my relationships between my patients strictly professional." Derek gave her the look that made every nurse swoon, but with a bit of something else. Lust? It seemed that way as he parted his lips and let his tongue hydrate them.

Meredith set down her candy and leaned closer to his face, the only thing separating them was the table. That, and the tension that built every time they were in a room together.

"Well then, Dr. Shepherd. I'll be sure to call you sir when your head is in between my thighs and my hips buck at the greeting of your tongue..." Meredith watched his eyes sink to her lips and the hand that was gripping his fork start to tremor.

"If that's the case I'll be sure to get you a new doctor." Derek's eyes stayed on her somewhat perfect lips that his tongue wanted to taste. Not like the peck she'd given him at the restaurant.

"Why would I want someone else when I could have the best." She bit her bottom lip knowing that he was staring at it. Her voice innocent as she verbally seduced him.

"You think I'm the best?"

"No. I just wanted to see you fluster...and look at that. It worked." Meredith took a bite of her donut and smirked as his fingers ran through his hair.

"I don't get flustered." Derek steadied his hands and returned to eating his salad.

"Whatever you say Dr. Shepherd."

"You can call me Derek you know?" He looked down at his food and looked back up when he noticed the pink frosting marking its territory on the side of her mouth. He chuckled as she kept eating and didn't notice how ridiculous she looked.

"I'll stick with Dr. Shepherd. And what is so funny?" Meredith raised an eyebrow at the giddy man in front of her that seemed to know something that she didn't.

"Mm, nothing." He reached into his pocket and took out his phone, snapping a picture of her frosting covered face for proof.

"What are you doing!" Meredith tried to cover the camera's view by blocking it with her hands. He couldn't stop laughing as he got several shots of her while she fought it until she finally gave up and grabbed her tray.

"I take it back," she made a final remark before stomping away, "I think Dr. McAss suits you perfectly."