Chapter 7

Aegeus Point of View

"What are you doing here?" I chided when my eyes noticed the counsellor girl walking towards me.

This girl – is irritating!

"Of course to feed you." She answered.

Putting the basket down, she took out a blanket and spread it on the floor and proceeded to take out the food and other things she apparently brought for me.

I stood there baffled, is understandable; but why is Frugal, supposedly a dangerous gangster stood there in utter bemusement is something I did not understand.

If I were a gangster and a dangerous one that too, I would just pull out the gun and put a bullet through her skull for humiliating me like she did to him.

"How do you know her?" He asked but it sounded more like he spit out those words in distaste.

"I don't, master. She suddenly came one day and said she would adopt me." I said hoping for some help from the heartless man.

"Not a surprise." He scoffed bemusedly. "I don't want to deal with that girl right now. I shall get back in a couple of weeks. If you are still not adopted and succeed in getting out of her clutches of kindness, then join me to work." Saying that, he walked away with his guards giving Ariche one last glare.

Succeed in getting out of her clutches?

If it was some girl with crush on me, I would easily dodge it. How? I have my ways.

If it was some woman who looks at me with disgust, then I ignore them.

If it's a man with gun, then I will use my wits and probably stay alive out of it.

I can kill a monster with my bad smell.

I can chase away a mad dog with my appearance.

I can make angels never visit me with the amount of bad luck I have.

Demons can go to hell for hot springs vacations if they see my state.

But Ariche – This girl is someone who is attracted to the unattractive things.

I'm not a fool. I pretty much have good observation and understanding about the situation all thanks to my tough life. With the same understanding, I knew from the first meeting itself that this girl cannot be shaken off once stuck.

She has unique thinking. It doesn't mean it is safe.

The girl is neither smart nor crazy. She is something beyond the very concept of intelligence.

She is a positive question mark with a negative answer.

"Come on, let's eat."

"I'm not hungry." And my stomach growled.

Seriously, what is wrong with me and around me when the counsellor girl is here?

I silently sat down on the blanket and wordlessly took the plate of food that was served for me.After sucking down half of the delicious food, she broke the silence.

"My grandma, I call her Nanna, prepared the food. Isn't it delicious?" I nodded my head curtly and continued to eat.

'Eat quickly and send her away' is my plan as of now.

"So who is that man?" I mumbled not making myself look like I'm interested in the topic.

"Ah, Frugal! He is my university classmate's assistant. Both of them are a pair of unwashed socks. Complete eyesore and nosesore!" She scrunched her nose in distaste.