Chapter 15

Aegeus Point of View

Convincing my status as a mere beggar to Lucas proved to be a tough task. On one hand I was glad that he was a clever person to see through my pretension while on the other hand I was also bothered by the fact that someone saw through me so easily.

I know he did not believe me. He left me the other night only because he was giving me a leeway but that doesn't mean he believed what I said.

But then, another problem arises from it. If he saw through my pretension, then maybe others can too soon.

My years of effort and struggle will go to drain if I couldn't complete the mission and I then understood that I have to step up my game.

With Ariche Gil, many things changed in my life. While some things got easier, some are pushing me to hell.

But right now, I need to make my way to Denis Martin. He is the key to the whole subject I'm working for. If I could reach him, then more than seventy percent of the hard stuff is done.

Frugal will definitely not take me to Denis anytime soon. I just got a job from him and he still doesn't believe me completely.

If I keep my hopes on Frugal then it would take years to reach Denis.

That leaves me with a unwanted way to take with the help of an unwanted person.

Ariche Gil, Ex-classmate of Denis and an acquaintance.

She is the only person who can connect to him easily and leave the place intact. A person who doesn't need guns and bombs to fight, she only needs her presence.

Then there is another problem here; Ariche Gil herself!

I don't want to do anything with her. She is a person I want to be light years away from.

To people around her, her knowledge is a burden.

Her smile is a calamity.

Her idea is destruction.

Her action is poison.

And she is a magnate that invites trouble to others.

She is a cure I don't want to take. She is a blessing I better pass on. She is a love that I wish is forbidden.

The park in the night is a one peaceful place to behold. No noise, no company with only me and my doggie pals.

A good place to think and strategize.

With a good idea in my mind, I sent a message to Frugal for a meet up. It took me a whole night of convincing myself to sacrifice myself to Ariche for my work to be done.

Approaching that brainless still brainy question mark of a three headed Cerberus human proved to be a better option after weighing all the options the whole night.

By afternoon, I got a reply back from Frugal that he would come by in the night when there's no one around. Immediately, I sent a note to Leonor to not attend me but keep an eye on Frugal's moves.

The night came sooner than later and thankfully counsellor girl did not come to meet me the whole days which means Leonor made sure she is buried in work.

After a very long time, I was able to take a breath of fresh air without any concern. Clearly Ariche Gil makes a very thorough impression on people; whether it is good or bad.

While I was making myself comfortable and having a relaxing time to myself, I heard a hard set of footsteps approach me.

The crushing of the grass beneath the boots ended the relaxing time I was having. Sensing his presence, I instantly got up from the ground and greeted him with a humble bow.