Chapter 19

Aegeus Point of View

"And... done." Never had I hated those words before today.

But then again, I never had been in this predicament before.

"Artistic." A defeated scoff left my mouth when I heard that word. What is more ridiculous is that the person who said that word clapped hands in complete appreciation.

Artistic?

Really?

What is artistic about shaving the whole head? How exactly is it artistic?

My droopy helpless eyes met the ever so energetic ones and at that moment I understood something. A realization dawned unto me.

Being pessimistic or having a negative life motto is all a scam. At the end of the day, this girl does just what she wants to.

There is no way any of her motto or manner work as long as she nails down her target.

If that is not enough; as if her reaction was not embarrassing enough, Lucas had the gall to laugh on my face and pass me a victorious smirk and Sky –

Sky, my assistant, my partner, a part of my team; he sent a very disturbing deep pity glances in express post.

I don't know which is more distressing; having my head shaved or having to see those reactions from them.

"It looks like you are in the beginners level of being a proud pessimer." I have that honor too now?

"How so?" Sky asked innocently and when I say he really asked innocently, trust me he did.

You need clarification on that too? She must have some senseless logic behind that.

"Sky, my little boy!" Human Cerberus exclaimed as she cleared her throat to start with her explanation. "What do I believe in the most?"

"You cannot have anything. You cannot do anything. You cannot live every day. You cannot stop everything. You find hoping for a better future tad boring. You have trust issues. You are lazy and have low self confidence. Most importantly, you think you are pretty must optimistic, which is just an illusion." Heaven! Screw me!

"That is right. The first requirement is partly taken care of. See, he has no hair now." I will give it to her; she has truly great skills in interpreting.

I haven't seen such delusional person who can interpret everything however they like.

No money, I never felt so poor. No proper clothing, I never so poor. No shelter, I never felt so poor. No family or friends, I never felt this poor.

One girl beside me, I feel like the poorest of the galaxy!

Which beggar has long beard and clean shaved head? I mean, even as a homeless person, I look so damn bizarre.

Dirty looks, filthy clothes, dusty beard and clean head that reflects sun's rays back to sun itself.

"Alright boys, now comes the second phase of the ritual." Wait, there is another phase?

Is she planning to shave me off everything?

"There is another phase?" Sky spoke hesitantly as his eyes flickered back to me in horror.

"There are three in total. One is done, now we will proceed with second one. Everyone older than Mr. Beggar shall bless him with an affectionate pat on his butt." Say what?

"Since everyone present here is younger to him, let's skip it and go to the last phase, Senior." This boy! I am going to cherish him and raise him under my wing in future.