Chapter 25

Ariche Point of View

"Why are you so good at getting yourself in troubles?" Really Lucas?

"Troubles? How so?" Plural? How many troubles did I invite?

The only trouble I agree with was asking the chief of our organization to give me a month vacation once I'm done with the drugs case.

What more troubles is he talking about?

"You are asking me? One, you married a stranger who's identity is not clear. Two, you are even going to consummate that damn wedding which I doubt it even is a marriage. Three, the most important one, is you stupid fool found out that one person who led the whole drugs trafficking which even the National intelligence team couldn't and now you decided to go deal with him alone. What are you? Gamora?"

I don't know where these intelligence officers come from. They couldn't even figure out the leader of the whole trafficking and all they have is nice sounding titles.

Look at me, I found out the whole deal and the leader in just twenty days. How? That's a trade secret.

"I'm not a fool, Luke. I'm not going to that leader directly, wielding a sword and waging a war. I'm not capable of that. As a pessimer, I have love self confidence and you know that." Yet again I had to tell him about how insecure I am and that I have low confidence in myself.

I'm lazy that's why I chose the easy option, Mr. Beggar, as my adopted husband.

I believe I have no capabilities, that is why gave up on Mr. Beggar in the beginning.

I am sometimes fickle and that is why I got Mr. Beggar with me again.

I am weak because I don't know how to fight.

"How are you planning to bring down the leader alone? By sorcery?"

"No."

"By giving him a lecture that what he is doing is wrong and he should stop it?"

"No."

"By informing to the government about him along with the evidences?"

"No."

"Holy cow from India! Then how the hell are you planning to take him down alone? You even refused to get my help." Lucas scratched his head with both his hands and jumped lightly as he looked totally frustrated.

"That's a surprise. You will know soon." I laughed out and patted his back in assurance. "When you intend to do something big, you will have to do alone. That way you have all the command in your hands when the soldier is you and the commander is you."

"You are not short of these useless quotes. Brother –" He whispered softly holding my hands in his. "You are more than a blood sibling to me. We are comrades, friends, and siblings so I don't want you to put yourself in danger. I know you always have some weird idea up your sleeves which doesn't work for others but for you they always work. Still, you are still a vulnerable young girl who needs protection from the demons of the world."

Aww, can he be anymore candy!

Alright, since he is really worried about me, I may as well give him some tasks.

"Alright then, I will get you involved and give you an important task to do in the backend while I work in the frontend." I said making him sigh in relief.

What he said touched my ribs.

With a smile I told him a part of my plan and his tasks in his ear making him stiffen like a hard rock beside me.