Chapter 10

Ariche Point of View

'When there is a fly in your food, don't waste unintentional sacrifice of its life and just have the food with respect.'

"You mean to say you found a young fly for your Nanna's food?" Indeed my soul sister.

"Yes."

"And he is a homeless person who rejected to marry you?"

"That's the one."

"And you still want to make him your family by pairing him with your Nanna?"

"Just an idea though."

"Have you finally lost everything above your neck?"

"Impossible. Einstein may loose it but I can't."

Lucas, my best friend, my soul sister, my spirit animal, my partner in kindness, he flicked my forehead so strongly that I felt stinging pain immediately as if I was hit by a bulldozer.

He paced in front of me aggressively as he eyed the park gate with hot burning glare.

Don't tell me he is jealous. That is the look of jealous and envy.

"You are jealous?"

He scoffed and shook his head curtly but I read the story behind his curt shake of head.

"Don't tell me you are jealous of Mr. Beggar because of my Nanna."I tested my theory and by the sudden look of shock and hatred for me on his face explained everything.

He didn't want me to tell that out.

He wanted it to be a secret.

"From where do you get such nonsensical ideas? I am not jealous. I'm angry; angry because you went to meet a certain beggar alone without caring for you safety. What if he is a dangerous man? What if he attacked you? And please stop making assumptions about me. I am your sister so your Nanna is my nanna too. I have no romantic feeling for the old lady. I'm actually interested in the younger ones."

Ah, that is why he took me to the park today; to meet Mr. Beggar and assess him.

"He didn't hurt me and will not. He is a very nice man and as a wise person I know a person's psychology better than you. Mr. Beggar is not that kind of a man."

Lucas gritted his teeth and heaved loudly in an attempt to control his anger. Holding my hand, he started dragging me inside the park.

"I will decide that after I meet him." He asked me for the directions and I took him to Mr. Beggar's usual hangout place.

Reaching to the tree near the arch, I saw the place empty and cold only occupied by his favorite dog pals. I looked around and searched for him in other places he frequented and found them empty of his presence.

Where did he go?

He said he doesn't go out of park at all?

"He said he doesn't leave the place at all." I mumbled to myself.

"Of course he would've said that and you believed him."

"Did something happen to him? Do you think he is in trouble?" I asked Lucas.

But before Lucas could reply me back with another sarcastic reply I answered myself. "But what will happen to him suddenly? He is a strong man, no one will want kidnap him because there is no motive to do so. He is always healthy. Then there is only one conclusion I can arrive at; he left the place on his own accord."

I heard loud claps coming from behind and when I turned around, Lucas stood there with a smile and was clapping god knows why.

"Hail to the deduction queen."