Chapter 11

Aegeus Point of View

"I'm not learnt, master?" I received a casual nod from him.

"You don't have to be. You do as I say and you will be provided with good life." I heard him say gruffly as he sat on his usual chair in his office and gestured me to sit on the one opposite to him.

Frugal, if I have to describe him, is a very cautious person. It is understandable if he doesn't trust at all but he can take it to overboard when not necessary.

He is not easy.

"But first I want to know the reason as to why you agree to work for me. This is quite a risky job and if I have to say it, it is better to live as a beggar than risk your life every second." He asked.

There he goes again. He made a full background check on me in the past few days before he approached me for the second time with an offer to work for him. Now that I readily agreed, he still has his doubts on my intention.

"Ariche Gil." I said simply and a very understanding nod came from him as a reply.

Thanks to that counselor girl that I have a solid reason and backup for the job.

It was the only good thing she did to me.

To scare me off with her antics!

"F**k! Do not take her name if you want to work here." He suddenly fired up and slammed his fist on the table.

Woah! She made a gangster react like this?

What might had she done to him for him to react in this way?

"Noted, Master. She is planning to pair me up with her grandma."

Frugal's criminal face changed to one like a buffoon when I revealed the human Cerberus plans for me. He looked absolutely appalled and speechless.

Human Cerberus? I think it suits her quite aptly. Since I cannot take her name here, I can refer to her as a human Cerberus.

"Why am I even shocked?" He recovered from his initial state of shock and mumbled to himself with a dark scowl on his face. "Right. I guess that is enough reason for you to even leave earth." If only I could laugh freely at that time.

My Goodness! What had the three headed human even done to him and his boss that they harbor such animosity towards her?

"You cannot be saved completely from her clutches though. Your job is still performed from the park." I was a little stunned by his revelation but I'm also glad I don't have to leave that place.

The park is the place where I do my work from. That is the only place where I can work from with the mission I already have in hand. With Frugal giving me task that needs me to work from the park, it made things easy for me.

But when I think back to the counselor girl who is worse than a Cerberus, the park might not be that safe for me.

Urgh! The dilemma!

"From the park?" I added a little shiver to my tone to make it complete. Funny thing was, when I thought of meeting the counselor girl again, I didn't even have to pretend a shiver. It just came out naturally.

I wonder what her origin is!

"Give a good ear to what I say and if any of the information that I tell you leaks out, you will not be punished. You will dead as simple as that." I nodded my head causing my long tiled hair to flap on my face.

"I have no one to tell, Master. Except for Miss Gil, no one talk to me either." Nodding his head to my explanation, he proceeded to give me the details of my new job.