Chapter 24

Aegeus Point of View

"Are you sure?"

"Why should I make sure about something like that? It is as solid of a fact as a mountain is."

"Mountains can be crumbled, sir."

What is his point here?

I thought Sky is an intelligent person but I didn't know he can be a silly boy. Not only that, even Leonor is supporting him in his assumption.

"I don't have romantic feelings for that girl, Sky, Leonor. I'm sure I don't." I enunciated very word clearly to make them understand.

"I may sound stupid and thoughtless but Sir, Senior Gil is a kind of person you both want in life and doesn't want in life as well. She is like permanent glue that has no clue of leaving. She is like a volcano of emotions that will drown you in lava. She is like partial grey sky in rainy season that always makes you restless about the looming rain. She is like a –"

"Death note that has power to keep me alive only to kill me every second. Sky, are you trying to be a philosopher like that girl or are you interested in making hopeless poetry?"

What made me speechless is that the very clever and patient Leonor also nodded in agreement to what Sky was saying.

Why are they even trying to convince me about my feeling for that human Cerberus girl?

"Listen to me completely sir. Like was saying, she is a bad girl with good heart and a good girl with bad lifestyle."

"What is your point here, Sky?" Asked Leonor as he scratched his head cruelly.

He is only an audience and he feels stumped by my situation then as a victim in question how should I feel?

I don't even hair to scratch now!

Am I a joke?

Is my life a joke?

"Aegeus sir is trapped for this life for sure. Senior Gil is stubborn and doesn't leave something or someone that she wants. If you cannot change the situation; if you don't have the power to change your fate, you can only accept it and make better out of it. Just like the saying goes, 'If life castrates you, you can still live a life of Eunuch'."

Is he saying I'm not a man enough now?

Does he want to say goodbye to his job and life as bonus?

Noticing the deep scowl and hard glare I was giving him without any filters, he cleared his throat and coughed for a few times as his eyes quivered, looking anywhere but me.

After composing himself for a bit, he continued, "What I mean is, you are already her person now and no one can do anything about it. So Sir, I suggest you take a vacation to your heart and explore if you have her in any of your auricles or ventricles."

Hearing his words, my scowl turned downside and up and a smile immediately made a guest appearance on my face. I passed on a sweet small smile to both the men and closed my eyes as I kept a hand on my heart.

He wants me to take a vacation into my heart?

Then let's do it.

He wants me to stroll around my auricles and ventricles to see if there is any inhabited place only habited by her?

Then let's find out.

Taking good five minutes to take their suggested trip, I opened my eyes as my smile got bigger.

"Did you find her?"

"Do you have her in your heart?" Sky and Leonor asked eagerly and I nodded.