Chapter 14

Ariche Point of View

'Fear is like a plate of spicy and sour pork; no matter which restaurant it came from, you still have to enjoy it.'

If I fear these illegally pretending to have manhood people, then I will not be able to get far in my social service.

Fear cannot be a companion in this stream of life. You should be friends with death so it keeps you alive on friendship grounds.

Seeing how Lucas and Mr. Beggar are dragging me out of the gathering arena and taking me to a dark and quite place, I think they fear a lot.

What is there to fear?

And whom to fear?

I am a very good girl with heart made of not blood and flesh but kindness and integrity. I only do good deeds and most importantly, I am a future definition of selfless kindness in oxford dictionary.

Why should such a humanity-qualified person like me should fear those who do bad deeds?

"You are asking for death, aren't you?" Lucas sparked flames on me from his eyes. It is clear that is angry.

Mr. Beggar, on the other hand, is frustrated. He keeps sighing and shaking his head to himself. Sky was busy hiding himself from the angry mop of audience which is understandable as that boy lives on his fear.

He is easily scared and scared of many things.

"They are not slowly getting negativitized after my speech so they cannot do anything. Those who do bad things are no positive people luckily." I assured him blinking my eyes at him with my wise counselor-in-suit smile.

They worry over nothing.

"They will hurt you when you are defenseless." This time it is Mr. Beggar who spoke with a hiss.

"They can try and see."

"What kind of confidence is that? Shouldn't you, a pessimistic person, be under confident?" Lucas asked with a loud exclaim for which Mr. Beggar rolled his eyes.

"Oh no, this isn't confidence. This is feeling defeated. I'm feeling so defeated in life that even if they come and kill me, I cannot do anything. But they cannot do anything too, that is my confidence of defeat in them."

"Forget I asked you that." Lucas mumbled and talked to himself something that I did not quite understand.

"Ah right, Lucas, this is Mr. Beggar I told you about." I suddenly remembered that I did not introduce them to each other.

"This is Lucas, my soul sister I told you about." I said point my hands politely towards Lucas.

Both the men nodded their heads curtly at each other distractedly as they stood rooted in their places thinking about something very seriously.

"So what are you going to do now?" I looked at Mr. Beggar and shrugged.

What does he mean what I will do?

Go on with my work and projects. I am a busy person!

"Nanna said she will prepare braised fish for dinner tonight."Ah right, I should have my dinner and bring some for Mr. Beggar too.

"Delicious. Did she know she is preparing funeral food?" Hearing Lucas, Mr. Beggar chuckled out.

"Go to police and seek for their protection for now. Maybe that will help your situation for now." Mr. Beggar suggested when he received a share glare from Lucas for laughing.

Well, what will they do?

"I can protect myself. The good deeds I did until now is my shield."

"Ah, that will surely keep you alive." Both the men said in unison.