Chapter 32

Aegeus Point of View

Expect the unexpected!

This proved to be so true in the current situation when the main mastermind behind the drugs trafficking is finally revealed.

Never, even in my wild dreams, had I thought that this person would be the mastermind.

This can't be true!

But -

"What are you doing in Greece?" I heard him ask my foster wife to which she just shrugged with a smile.

"Came to welcome my adopted husband and his family into my family." Wait, wasn't that my house?

Naturally, we are welcoming her in our house!

"Seems like you never change. The same foolish and silly young girl." He cleared said it with distaste.

Why is he talking as if he doesn't know me?

But! This is so confusing.

"I appreciate your compliment. Meet, Sterculius my adopted husband and my partner." She introduced and he willingly put forward his hand for a shake.

This is ridiculous!

He is –

Why is he suddenly behaving like this?

Bewildered at the most bewildering thing happening, I blankly shook his hand wordlessly and concentrated on his reaction.

He showed no signs of any recognition, not to mention he is behaving completely like a strange person.

"Galen Ioannou, Chairman of Ioannou incorporation." Seriously!

Wouldn't I know my own Papa's name? My Papa! My own birth father! MY PA-Freaking-PA

Why the heck is he introducing himself as a stranger? I mean, something is terribly wrong here.

Nope, everything is wrong here.

Why the hell is my own father, my papa, the mastermind behind the whole drug trafficking.

"Wait, last time we met, wasn't your name Elias?" Great, so they met last time some time too?

And what does she mean by saying his name is Elias? His name has been Galen from the start.

But then again, I've been taking a lot of shocks lately, recent one is the biggest blow ever.

"You know how I change it whenever I find something better than the present."

"Of course. So, what is this about you email you sent me?" Cerberus asked getting her professional gear up but I, I couldn't take my eyes of the person sitting in front of me.

The man whom I know for three decades plus is now sitting there as nothing but a stranger.

But then again, I have so many doubts here.

Why is Papa acting as if he doesn't know me?

Why doesn't he know me but knows Ariche? From when?

Let's say there is some trick behind this, then why the hell did Papa himself is helping Cerberus catch the mastermind when he is the very person whom he is looking for?

What the hell is going on?

If the highest level of confusion has a terminology, then it would be an utter understatement in this case.

I opened my mouth to express my enragement in high volume and pitch when my hand was caught in a tight grip by Cerberus. She sneakily winked at me which meant she wants me to shut the hell up and watch.