Chapter 45

Aegeus Point of View

Have you ever felt worry and confidence of some unknown kind all at the same time?

I did.

The metal gun was aimed point blank to Mama's head. Everyone around her tried to cover her up or help her out of the situation in one way or the other.

I pulled a gun of my own white see through lingerie like socks and unloaded it, pointing it towards the villain of the day.

All my men, my superior, Lucas, Nereus pointed their guns at Juan but that man has courage of some other universe. He continued to walk towards Mama without even blinking at the several warning shots shot at him.

Closing near Mama, he now has clear target on her head making my worry escalate. The arena fell in an uneasy silence.

The trepidation is clear in air. Each of us are planning our own ways to pull Mama out of the target way but hell be doomed, where is this girl who seems to disappear when needed the most.

She isn't available in call as well!

"You people really thought less of me. Care to suggest me how should I kill this old hag painfully?" Juan mocked with a smirk. "Best suggestion would be rewarded with a late death." He decided with a shrug but not loosing his eyes on Mama.

"Juan, put that gun down and surrender yourself." Seriously Mayor? If you ask him, he would do it?

I need to do something and close the whole damn thing once and for all. I'm already tired of this prick.

"Ariche? Cerberus, girl? Are you hearing me?" I whispered gritted to see if she is still in call with me but I couldn't hear anything in response.

Where is she?

What is she up to?

Just when I was getting hyped with anger, the Cerberus of mankind enters. Not just entered, she entered in style, in a same bridal dress I'm wearing, beautifully decked up with natural makeup and hairdo.

Lastly, a plate in her hand with some tarts and pastry. She looked casual, carefree, and impervious and most of all brave.

Looking at her being so untroubled enough to have her early dinner, a wave of sudden confidence crashed into me.

I don't need to worry. She is there so Mama will be safe.

No matter Mama is aimed with tens of guns, she will be unscathed because Cerberus is here and she will not let anything happen to anyone.

Embarrassing as it is, but even though I'm the senior detective with a reputation second to none, my foster wife is still the best.

She can just do everything and make impossible go cry in the corner.

"Ariche? Where were you?" Juan asked spared a glance at Cerberus and returning back his attention to the victim in his hand.

"Hungry. What is happening here?" I thought she never lied?

"They are government officials out to get me but I was a step ahead. Let me kill them and then we can get married." Juan promised not taking his eyes of my mother.

Married? With Cerberus?

Dream on!

But what took me by surprise was her reaction. She just hummed in response and continued to eat her sweet dish without a care for the world.

Strange! Why is she being so uncaring?

It isn't like her!

She clearly loves my Mama; at least enough to save her from harm's way.