Chapter 40

Aegeus Point of View

This isn't right!

Something feels dangerously off!

But I'll give it to her. She has a knack for making things suspicious for others. And she does it all so naturally.

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever understand her completely.

Until yesterday she was being so dominant and decision maker in everything that is related to this case and today, she is behaving as if she has nothing to do with it.

That darn girl went on a shopping spree with ladies of the house. When I asked what she wanted me to do next and what her next plan is –

'I arranged everything for you, Mr. Beggar; now you can take your own way to deal with the case. I'll not interfere anymore.' Was her exact answer.

Why?

Why would she suddenly back down?

"What should I do now?" I asked myself as I reviewed the evidences that Cerberus handed over to me.

The USB drive contains all the people involved in drugs trafficking along with related proofs respectively. It's my third time studying the documents and to say she did a great job in listing down all the people and incidents in order so professionally was an understatement.

I found many unexpected officials from both politics and business involved. With just this USB we can put everyone behind the bars with no chances of bailing them out at least for few good years.

But catching the fake Galen and proving that he often changed his face to that of others should be done first.

"I heard there's a last-minute change in the bride?" Nereus walked in gracefully followed by Lucas, Papa, Leonor and Sky.

"Oh? What I heard was different from yours." Lucas commented plopping down on the sofa. The others followed and sat leaving me on my study chair.

They are having fun I see!

"What is it?" Asked Nereus with a smirk causing others to laugh.

"I heard the gender of the bride is changed too. Now it is not V weds P but it is not P weds P." Laugh! Laugh all you can.

After I'm done with the case, I'll put Lucas behind the bars for being the leader of Devils of God. I'll save Nereus and others but this guy Lucas will be indicted.

"But I heard it was a marriage out of pure love." Papa caught on and continued with teasing me.

I was doing my job seriously as a proud beggar but now, I'm reduced to play a happy groom to another groom.

"We are in such serious predicament. You face is stolen, Papa and all of you are having fun at my expense?" I grumbled slamming my phone on the table. "Now is the time to allocate our tasks for finale round."

"Ah right, it's your wedding day in three days. How are you planning to replace your wife, sir?" Leonor asked in serious tone but mirth is clearly mixed well in it.

Even he is teasing me; making fun of me!

How pathetic I've become.

"We can prove him fake only by his real face. I have few pictures of how he really looks but it was from few years back. All we have to do it we have to make him confess on his own."

Now that even one of superiors cannot be trusted, I can only show something and do something else to confuse everyone.

"Yes sir. I asked one of my trusted men to get a skin face mask who looks like mastermind now. His relative was a famous doctor who can make them." I nodded and gave Sky a thumbs up.