Chapter 46

Ariche Point of View

Past is an error; present is a terror; future is a mirror!

Why investigate a past when present is better?

I looked around the small room I was put in. One side of the room has a glass wall and a table with four chairs is in the middle of the small room.

They call it the interrogation room.

Mr. Beggar pulled me into the interrogation room after sending Juan to the court to receive his sentence.

I was wishing for him to put me behind bars before interrogating me but bad luck I got into this small room before adventuring the stinky air behind the bars.

"So you smuggled drugs." It was a statement made by an interrogator, Mr. Sullivan, Mr. Beggar's colleague and rival at work.

I nodded my head and observed him with interest. His bald head with only little hair here and there make him look like a street drunkard.

Not to forget his droopy eyes and saggy skin.

But truth to be told, he is handsome in his own way!

"You will end up with life time sentence once the interrogation is over. You know that, don't you?" He asked with a smirk brightening up his face.

I shrugged my shoulders and sat back relaxed. I'm not worried about the life sentence.

"You sure you will not bawl out your eyes saying we got the wrong person?" He narrowed his eyes and looked at me keenly.

"Not really." I answered.

"Why? Why are you not worried?" He asked and without even hearing my answer he posed another question. "Hold on, why in the name of God did Aegeus leave his precious wife here without a care and left for home?"

Right! Mr. Beggar did say he wanted some rest and left Leonor and Sky to escort me back home once I'm done with the interrogation.

Before leaving, he told Mr. Sullivan that he trusts my abilities. My adopted husband wanted me to get out of this situation on my own accord so he will get exactly that.

After all, I vowed to follow him blindly.

"You have proofs against me?" I asked and Mr. Sullivan just stared blank at me. "You have the answer there."

He was quite for a while and suddenly started to leer widely as he leaned forward on the table. "What if I make some for you? You see, your husband was always my rival at work. With him out of this organization, I will in the top here."

I thought detectives from such a large government organization are smart; why do I find this man below the limits of stupidity?

Only Mr. Beggar is clever here!

These detectives here need some good training and much needed Ariche Gil crash course.

"You may try."

"I can create evidence with you as a murder culprit."

"Murder? What type of murder?"

"Does that even matter? You will be convicted if I prove it."

"Like I said, you can try. I'm not stopping you. I'm a pessimistic person. Once in a while when I see a person who is very confident of his self, I find them amusing and encourage them. Also I don't find you so capable." Why is he getting riled up when I'm not even stopping him?

I kind of think he cheated in his exams with slips and got this job on fluke.

"What are you so confident about? If you think your husband will come and save you, then forget it. He went home leaving his wife to rot in jail." Mr. Sullivan has hemorrhoids I guess. He could hardly sit on his own butt.