Chapter 17

Aegeus Point of View

"You dug your own grave." I indeed did.

"There was no other way. I have to get close to her for the information." I shrugged coolly but inside, I'm anything but cool.

I feel so damn f**king annoyed.

"You will be starting as her assistant from tomorrow morning?" Leonor asked and I nodded in confirmation.

"Were you able to unlock the USB I gave you the other night?"

"Yes. The technical team worked for five days and nights at a stretch to open it." I hummed and nodded.

"What was in it?" I asked.

Since several gangs fought and killed each other for the USB, it must be something very important to all of them.

Something that gives advantage to all of them or something they are scared of getting out.

"We don't know. Sir."

"What do you mean?" I exclaimed. Is the technical team dumb or is the USB empty?

"There are several folders in it but each of them is protected by security locks respectively.Even the folder names are in codes." Indeed they are pretty cautious.

They cannot carry such an important item without security. It is given that they were prepared to all sorts of consequences while transporting the item.

"Hmm, what about the so called evidences that Miss Gil claimed to have?" Leonor rubbed his chin but I can still see him trying to suppress and cover the smile that is trying to break out.

Once all this is done, I'm going to teach him a good lesson.

"There is eighty percent possibility that she indeed have those proofs she said she did. I sent men to check the police station she mentioned the previous time but found nothing. She must've either lied to you about the location or she hid them really well." I shook my head disagreeing to his hypothesis.

No she is not a type of girl to lie.

Ariche Gil is many things but she is not a liar. She just hid them pretty well.

"I wonder how she gathered those proofs in a matter of twenty days while the government couldn't do that in several years." Leonor wondered and to be frank, I wonder the same too.

I hate to accept it but if she really got the information all on her own in such a less time, then I may have to learn a few things from her.

I won't go as far as to call her a genius but she is really good in her work.

"Ah right, I forgot to inform you something sir." I turned to him and nodded at him to continue. "I found out something strange from the rainy night you got the USB on."

"Strange?"

"Yes sir. The men that were shot and killed and the two men you handled are not the only people who were involved in the chase that night." Huh?

"There were three more men from another gang that gave up on the chase in the middle. But what was strange was they did not even catch up to the speed of others but still stopped suddenly in the middle and went back as if they got what they needed. It was too strange that we kept on playing the rare CCTV clip we got but found nothing."

That is strange and interesting as well.

"Do you think the three were meant to rile to rile up the fight between the others?" Although I asked him, I don't believe that might be the cause for their retreat to be frank.