Chapter 36

Aegeus Point of View

The counseling session for Veronica and Klaus went on as usual; confusing and unexpected.

She suggested them to express their loyalty to the fake Galen and freak the hell out of him with their blinding loyalty.

She wanted the mastermind to be irritated and distracted with his family issues while we are investigating him. What better way to distract and unarm a person than a loyal and sweet wife along with equally loyal and toothachingly sweet mistress?

From there we proceeded to the place fake Galen wants us to meet which is just out of the city as expected. Turns out it is one of his factories that manufactures and processes tobacco.

A criminal need something to cover his crime so these legal businesses would be perfect.

Once at the entrance, a guard asked our identities and purpose to visit along with the permission letter we have to have to enter. Cerberus showed everything and guard finally let us in with a blank face.

I don't why but I feel like a tagalong rather than a major senior detective who is investigating the case. All I'm doing is follow her and watch her and sometimes if I'm lucky enough to understand the context of the play going on, I'll be able to butt in a little and showoff the sound of my vocal cords.

But you know what is more embarrassing? That I'm letting it happen and quietly observing from the back because I hate to admit it –

I really hate to admit that I'm really learning something new from this young girl who doesn't know 'W' of world.

Her methods are not foolproof but work out almost perfectly when she implements it. What's more fascinating is she does not plan it way before, she just thinks of a plan then and there and performs it blindly without even thinking about the consequences.

Kiss the bald of a demon! Her ideas always work and the fascinating part is they work in order.

Looking at her so capable in a weird and annoying manner, I wish the deity of ground prepare a coffin inside her to hide my face.

To say I'm beyond mortified is a big understatement.

"I thought his appointment for counselling is a couple days later?" I asked her as we continue to walk inside the huge factory that is wrapped in the smell of tobacco.

"I created a problem for him." How easy it is for you to create problem for a dangerous man!

Are you even in the list of human DNA catalogue?

"No doubt you did. What is it?"

"You'll see." No more surprises please. I already lost twenty years of my life's life in these past few weeks all thanks to your innovative surprises.

Wordlessly, I followed her to eighth floor where there is supposedly fake Galen's office. On our way there, we crossed paths with few uncommonly strong grim and deeply roasted duck faced men who are probably gangsters disguised as normal working staff.

Really? You guys think we'll not know just because you disguised yourself?

I'm a smart person!

I'm the top most, popular and most successful investigating officer in the whole continent. You cannot hide from me.

Just as the elevator doors opened, we came face to face with fake Galen standing beside – Lucas?

Lucas something Ioannou?

"Mr. Ioannou." Cerberus called out and then provided the audience with a gasp which is as fake as Galen standing before us. "Isn't he –"

"Wait I saw him somewhe – Right, isn't he your son who made his media debut recently?" And that was when I understood what problem she created for fake Galen.