Chapter 47

Aegeus Point of View

"Will you participate in making love with me?"

Thirty years!

I've been living on this planet for thirty years and through these years, I've learned many things.

There are many skills that I can perform exceptionally.

There are many people I went head on and won.

There were many situations, good, bad, strange to unworldly I've been and survived.

But what happened to me today was first and probably the last any person can see and experience.

The day started mundane although it's a Sunday. Sunday alone is nothing special but today especially holds a great prominence in my life.

The day – Nah, the night I and Cerberus consummate our wedding.

"You want to put forth a proposal before her before going all-in with her? Finally, you saw the light of your life." I shook my head when my own brother with whom I share blood mocked me.

But then again, I somehow made peace with Cerberus so these days I don't get that irked from before.

Somehow, I see why my family love her so much. She is one antique piece!

Although I feel mortified to accept it, even I seemed to start liking her from way before. It's just that my liking for her or love for her started from accepting my fate.

Once I did that, I felt liberated.

As if freedom has possessed me forever.

"Just arrange rings, flowers and some wine. I'll do the rest." I muttered.

"Sounds simple."

"She likes simple."

"What about your speech?" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and shrugged casually.

"Don't need it. I happen to be a natural speaker. Eloquent and effective."

"You might still want to make some grand arrangements to impress her and seduce her into your arms. Girls love big."

I have enough big. That compensates every other thing. Granting, I don't understand why girls like such show off and grand gestures.

What would colorful lights, beautiful flowers and flower pathway along with eye blinding food would benefit them?

They cannot take home those lights and space to enjoy it every day.

They cannot keep the flowers for more than two days.

They cannot walk on the flower path every day. Funny, that on one side they handle flowers with such delicate touches as if they were a living person and on the other side, they walk on their petals happily.

Lastly, girls don't eat beyond the fields of cabbage and carrot. They maintain special diets on proposal days as if they are monks.

Given their personalities, why spend a lot of effort and time and disappoint them with these special gestures for only one day?

Better keep it simple and let them forget about it easily.

Less effort, more productivity!

"Not needed." I answered back and walked back into the guestroom that Nanna is staying in. She was here from a couple of days and she mingled with our family right away.

Being the eldest, I saw Papa and Mama give her the utmost respect for the first time. My grandparents from both sides vacated to heaven when I was small so I did know my parents had it in them to give their elders such a place in family.