Chapter 21

Aegeus Point of View

I scoffed.

I scoffed in defeat.

I scoffed in wry.

I scoffed in realization and –

I just scoffed.

How innocent can I be?

Every day I think I cannot be anymore surprised, I get surprised nonetheless.

I think every single day that today would be an end to my innocence, I still find myself in a situation where I'm proven wrong.

At this point of time, I don't even know if I am the different one here of she is. I mean let's be frank, that girl has a good rapport with any kind of situations that get her out of it and get me trapped into it according to her taste.

What am I? A puppet?

I am Aegeus Ioannou, a very well known –

"So you were saying you were something?" Looks like I cannot complete my true introduction in my thoughts also.

Where has life chased me to!

"Never mind. Let's just say I'm a billionaire." At this moment, telling her anything might cost me more than my sanity.

If I have even a little by now that is!

"Let's just say? What if we don't just say? What are you then?" How the hell can she counter me with such savage and still look at me so innocently?

What a hurt to my pride.

Now how do I answer her? How can one answer to a question like that?

She will only leave me after making me look like a prehistoric man from one of those history textbooks.

"I am a billionaire. I have enough money that can buy you a whole state." Her mouth formed into an 'Oh' shape when no sound came out from her.

Money. Now I only have money. I don't have one of the most important things that a man should have.

Bless my hair wherever it is!

"That is great. So, you made billions by begging. That is inspirational and you can be listed in fortune 500 stories."

By begging? At this point, I don't even want to argue with her about the source of my money.

But fortune 500 stories? What story will they ever write about a beggar making billions by the age of thirty years?

Not caring to reply her back, I saw Oliver Ball sprawled on the floor unconscious with blood dripping from his nose. He is one tough man but seems like the information about his wife weakened him a lot.

I hate and when I mean hate, I really and extremely hate to admit it that this human Cerberus of a girl can really fight with words.

Few words from her and he was already half dead without me beating him up.

Although, what caught my attention was the information about the drug dealing she recited without any hesitation. If I had any doubts about the authenticity of the evidences, she said she have, then they are completely cleared now.

She really did have them.

She literally has a bomb in her hand which can blow her up any moment and she is as casual as ever.

What the heck is she scared of?

"You said you find billionaire's boring so why not you get bored of me and leave me?" I said with sky of expectation spread with blue pleasant clouds.