Chapter 9

Aegeus Point of View

This must be – Nay, this is the toughest moment of my life.

I thought, I was smart and is very quick witted. Finding a way out of sticky situations is my forte. I'm a king in finding loopholes.

I was.

I once was.

In the past few days, I realized and learnt something very important; that my wits, no matter how good they are, have a limit.

Where the limit to my wits ends is where Ariche Gil's madness starts.

She has a talent – she is born with the ability to trap people in such sticky situations that they cannot find the way out any time soon. Right said, there might be no way out at all.

That was what is happening to me. The day started with the confidence of pushing away Ariche Gil once and for all but suddenly turned into a doubt on my future.

It all started seventeen minutes forty four seconds ago. It was a bright day as my whole body is dancing with confidence. I was prepared to get myself out of this adoption drama.

It was simple for me.

The counselor girl walked into the park towards me in her usual vibe which I couldn't figure out yet. A bag in her hand and a food basket in another, she paraded towards with a grin that I wish I never see again.

She greeted me, I greeted her, we greeted each other; albeit with a smile. And then she went right to the main point directly.

She pulled out a folder of papers and gave them to me but before I read them I spoke my final words to her.

If only I knew that I was silly...!

"You cannot adopt me as your child. I asked someone around in the park and a good man with good heart said that only a minor can be adopted. Once they are major they cannot be adopted. I know your kind heart but I'm deeply depressed not able to be your family. I'm disappointed and sad. Still, we cannot force or forge law. May you live a good life in future and drive other to insanity like you always do. Thank you for everything you did to me. Farewell! If we are fortunate enough, let's meet in our next life and become good friends." I finished with a sigh and a mastered pretentious frown of disappointment.

Forget about using her in future, I'd rather use other methods to get close to Denis and his people rather than get anywhere near her.

Finally, I'm done with her.

She will not cling to me and I will not have to worry about the work I'm doing.

Everything will go back to normal now.

I successfully kicked out Ariche the Griller out of my life.

I was relieved!

But at that time I didn't know what plans she had for me.

"Aiyah, Mr. Beggar, I know I cannot adopt a major. I came to know about it when I read the terms and conditions in the application forum." I should be happy with knowledge but the way she took the matter lightly sent shivers down my spine.

Accordingly to my knowledge, this shouldn't be her reaction. She should be giving up on me or should be thinking to help me without adopting me.

But the danger part was, he grin did not waver.

No, I'm in trouble. I can sense the darkness trying to envelop me.

"Yes. Now – umm – now that we cannot do anything about it, why don't you leave me continue my family legacy and forget about me. I think you must have a lot of people to shower your kindness on." I said hesitantly.