[2]

The sun was going to set soon. I grabbed my jacket and walked out of the house. I had to see Tommy. I began to walk to his house. When I got close, Tommy suddenly ran up to me. I was taken aback by his sudden approach but I quickly rebounded. "Oh hi I was just coming to see you." I said.

"Toni! We need to talk." The usually bright and goofy Tommy was for once completely serious.

"About that-" I tried to defend myself before he got too mad but he cut me off.

"DON'T THINK YOU CAN TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS." Tommy yelled. 

"Ok, calm down. Things seem a lot worse than they actually are." I said. Tommy looked very displeased with this response. 

"You signed the declaration of war. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU MAKE THIS SEEM BETTER?" He snapped.

"I did not." What is he talking about. I didn't sign anything.

"I saw the book. You signed it." Tommy said. 

What is going on? "Tommy I really didn't sign a book. In fact I just learned there was a book."

Tommy looked at me skeptically, "So you really haven't seen this book?" I nodded. "But you are on their side?" 

"Yes. But it's not what it seems." How can I explain that I didn't ask who I was fighting until I had already picked a side. God I'm an idiot.

Tommy sighed, "But you don't know about the declaration of war?"

God how long will it take me to get this through his thick skull, "No Tommy, for the 100th time, I do not know of any book!"

"Come with me." Tommy began walking away. I jogged to keep up with him.