Chapter 8 : Body search

Jane didn't go back home. She didn't want to. Cassandra was treating her like a child, and she was tired of it. She had spent her Sunday at the squat with her other friends. They drunk some beers, played cards, and smoked cigars they stole a few days before. As they were a bit bored and drunk, they decided to wander in the town to do other things. They got kicked out of two bars and one skatepark for making too much noise and even for stinking! Now, they were mad, and they wanted to annoy someone. Everyone was annoying them, so why not doing the same? They saw the store they had robbed a few weeks before and thought they could visit the woman working inside. She was alone, the security guard wasn't there, making things easier. The woman lost her smile when she saw the group, especially when she met Jane's eyes. The brunette smirked before taking a puff of her cigarette. Nobody talked. The group separated and went in different sections.

Joyce regretted being alone. They were four, and she was alone. She tried to not show any form of fear, but her body began to shake. She was breathing loudly to calm down, but she was scared they would assault her. She didn't even dare to tell them it was forbidden to smoke inside. She tried to keep an eye on them thanks the video cameras, but they had apparently heard about them and managed to hide from them to steal some things in their pockets. Jane didn't take anything, she preferred going around the checkout to mess with the woman. She looked at her with weird eyes to embarrass her.

- "Your aunt is wondering where you are. Maybe you should tell her what you're doing!?" Joyce firmly said.

- "I'm not doing anything. Just having fun."

- "Are you friends with them? It was them with you?"

- "I don't know what you're talking about," Jane answered with a provoking smile.

- "You're definitely not an innocent girl."

Jane approached the checkout with heavy steps and stopped in front of it before leaning to Joyce and murmuring:

- "I can be a bad girl if you want."

Joyce pushed her which made her laugh.

- "Stop that! Now! This is not a right behavior to have with an adult! Is it clear!?" Joyce got angry.

- "Calm down, mommy! I thought you wanted it!" Jane chuckled.

- "Of course not! What the hell crossed your mind!?"

Jane shrugged. She was about to go out of the store, but Joyce stopped her on her way.

- "Empty your pockets."

- "Why?"

- "To be sure you didn't steal anything."

- "I didn't!"

- "I don't believe you."

- "Then, check it yourself!"

Jane stepped back and raised her arms, knowing too well how a body search was working. Joyce didn't want to search her, but she didn't want to let her leave like that. Joyce took a deep breathing before going on the other side of the counter. Once facing Jane, she realized that the brunette's friends were watching them, like if they were enjoying a show. Joyce shyly palpated Jane's jacket pockets and continued with the pockets of her jeans. But Jane moved her hips forward and blocked Joyce against the counter with her body. Joyce felt her heart racing, she was really not in a good position right now. No one was around and those teens could do anything to her.

- "Come on. My body is yours," Jane said with a flirtatious voice.

- "Go away," the woman shyly ordered.

- "What!? You're not enjoying!? Touching young girls, having power on a goner like me, um!? Come on! Enjoy!"

- "GO AWAY! NOW!"

The woman pushed Jane, fearing her reaction, and kept yelling at them to go away. The group of teens chuckled and walked away, mocking the woman again and again. Joyce took support on the counter, a tear falling on her cheek.

Later in the night, the group was still in the squat. They were playing with guns, shooting at empty beer bottles. Jane was half conscious in an armchair, feeling the alcohol intoxicating her. The heat grew, making her sweat, and her head was hurting. She was feeling dizzy and nauseous. But the sounds of the sirens brought her back to Earth. She saw her friends becoming agitated and understood that they were close. She stood but lost her balance because of all the beers she had drunk. After a few attempts, she managed to grab her bag. It was everyone in their own problems. No one tried to help her to stand. Luckily, Jane managed to run away from the squat with her stuff in a dark empty street. They apparently decided to go on the other way, which relieved the girl. She walked in the town, through some gardens, trying to know where she was going before collapsing on the grass. She passed out, not knowing where she was. 

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Next chapter in a few minutes ;)