Chapter 56

Y/N Pov

I looked at Erza after she asked me if I hate her and what she is to me. I knew she would ask soon but I never knew how soon. I kept looking at her fighting with my brain and heart. If I tell her I love her then she might be in more danger but if I don't then I'll destroy our whole friendship and what is so dear to me. I looked down knowing the answer that she wanted and deserved but my cowardly self didn't let me say it. I gritted my teeth trying to find a solution but somehow only. "Yes I love you." or "No I don't love you Erza you're just a very good friend to me and I'm sorry that I kissed you." were in my head playing constantly on repeat. I suddenly felt her hands loosen from mine and looked at her as tears made it's way down on her cheeks.

"Fuck why is she crying there is no reason for it." I thought and I saw her look down again. I didn't do anything that could make her cry so why is she. "You idiot don't you see it that she is in love with you and since you didn't tell her right away her heart is slowly crumbling and falling to pieces thinking about that you will reject her." My consciousness mocked and I mentally cursed at me. "Shut up shut up and let me alone." I thought and looked at her. "Erza." I silently said and she looked up to me again with her crying face.

I felt my heart ache as I saw her like this, she's crying out of fear to be rejected from the only person she ever loved.

I knew my answer and I knew it will change how we see each other. I'm sorry Erza but I just can't hold it back anymore. I cupped her face gently as her tears slowly flowed on my thumps. I caressed her cheeks to wipe her flowing tears away, even to I knew they will be more after my answer. I closed in with my lips on hers until we finally connected. I felt a sweet yet somehow bitter taste in this kiss. I kept my lips latched onto hers for a bit before I finally decided to pull away looking at her trembling eyes that were in fear of my answer yet waiting for it.

"Erza Belserion, I don't hate you but I have a fiancee ." I replied and smiled at her as her eyes widened.

I saw her lips lightly start to tremble. "Does that mean... does that mean..." She asked but stopped looking at me as she couldn't say it.

I nodded slowly. "I love you Erza, with all my heart. I always have, I just couldn't tell you since I feared to lose you and you are my fiancee." I said and pressed my forehead on hers.

I saw her tears become more as I felt the knot in my heart slowly losen. Her heart seemed to explode or stop beating as she heard these words, the words she's been waiting for so long had finally been said. Tears poured out from her watering eyes. "Je-llal." She sobbed before she suddenly threw herself at me and hugged me tight while her face was buried in my neck crook. "I love you Jellal Y/n Fernandes Fullbuster." She shouted and cried strongly while I hugged her tight.

She was finally mine, the girl I care so much for was finally in my arms and we confessed our feelings. I knew it will happen but I was afraid of it. I felt selfish for this but at the same time I didn't care, only her happiness was what counted for me.

I got back up with her and she gazed with trembling eyes at me. "I love you too Erza." I said again with a smile on my lips as she looked at me in joy. My hands rested on her cheeks. We both leaned in on a kiss again, her lips tasted sweet and like strawberry. There was no bitterness in the kiss only a sweet sensation of love mixed with her lipgloss taste. I moved my hand to her waist and pressed her down gently on the bed while she sneaked her hands around my neck. My heart hammered in a crazy speed already. I ran a hand up to her head tangling it in her scarlet hair that was so soft like silk.

What I felt was intense like the first kiss with her. There was so much passion and tenderness in a simple kiss, yet it felt so good and the only thing that counted was her being happy. My heart thumped madly as she bit down on my lip making me gasp lightly while she took the chance and caressed my upper lip with her tongue.