Chapter 30

Y/n Pov

I sat with Erza at the pier we looked out at the ocean and both ate ice cream my car was behind me and my backpack next to me I had an umbrella and a jacket in it if Erza was a bit cold since girls never wear a lot on dates. I have to thank Laxus for giving me a few helpful tips and Mira too. Erza leaned on my shoulder. I smiled at her.

I saw her shiver a little as she only wore a dress with heels and a small clutch purse. I took of my jacket and placed it around her making her look up with her soft brown eyes. "Thank you" She muttered and tightly grabbed my jacket. I moved a strand of hair out of her face and our eyes connected.

I gazed at her orbs while her soft brown eyes were piercing me. Her eyebrows were knotted in suspense. I cupped her face lightly and glanced to her lips. I saw her hair sway a little from the light wind and directed my hands to the collar of my jacket pulling it up for her. I cleared my throat and got my hands of her shoulder.  

"You look really cute like this" I said and gave her a warm smile. Erza giggled "And you are my handsome knight." She retorted with a soft smile before looking down with a frown.

"Jellal how much of your past can you remember" She asked and gazed at me with her eyes that were full of emotions.

"Honestly I remember almost everything that I did with you Erza you are my bestfriend and we have always been good friends." I said with a low voice.

"Then you should remember something you told me before our ways parted as well" she said with a slightly saddened voice.

"Sorry Erza but I swear I know that we are bestfriends and have always looked out for each other. Why don't you tell me it instead" I asked her and laid a hand on her cheek as I embraced her.

She gazed at me with her eyes. Her expression changed a little her lips went from a smile to a sad frown as a tear appeared on her left eye. "No Jellal I wont tell you it" She said and broke the hug looking down to the ground. "Let's just go on with the date" She said with a slightly hoarse voice.

I saw her walk to my car. "What is with her that she reacted this way, is she crying?" I asked myself mentally. Why would she cry just because I don't remember something in my past. 

"Erza you are a mystery that I want to unravel at all costs" I don't understand her one bit but I will know everything about her when I am able to see through her eyes that hide something from me.

I walked to her and embraced her from the back making her jump up lightly. "Hey Jellal stop doing that" She said with a slight giggle.

"Stop doing what?" I asked as I moved my hand to her neck tickling it.

"Exactly that" She laughed and shot me a death glare. Before her expression changed back into a smile.

I moved closer to her face and ruffled her hair lightly making her pout in annoyance and she punched my shoulder in revenge. "Stop always ruffling my hair" She pouted and faked an offended look.

I chuckled at her cute behavior that she only showed to me. Her friends only see her strong and tough side no wonder with the past she had she would never make herself look weak in front of her friends. She probably thinks that if she shows her real inner self than she'd lose them instantly and that is something she doesn't want to happen, because our friends are the most important to us. Every single one of us lost someone they held dear in their life including me. I lost my younger brother to a speeding car he rammed him of the sidewalk right in front of my eyes it happened four years ago he was just seven years old back then. The paramedics did everything they could but unfortunate he's been sleeping ever since.