Chapter 40

Erza Pov

I grabbed Jellals shoulder as he placed his right hand on the exposed part of my waist. Just the contact of his cool fingertips alone made a chill go through my spine moving into my entire body like an earthquake followed by a burning sensation in my chest.

Just thinking about having a dance right in front of everyone of the school with him was enough to get my thoughts to explode. I inhaled deeply and enjoyed the slight moment of silence that I felt as my head was laid on his chest. I wondered how I was still standing after all that happened just a minute ago... How my knees didn't let me drop down on the floor made me wonder. I gazed at my left hand, a golden glimmer made it's way into my eyes as I looked at my wedding ring. A smile made it's way on my lips, we are dancing and both had the rings on like a married couple. In the heat of the moment we forgot to take them off.

My heart was pounding hard in a impossible way I hoped for dear god that he didn't feel how fast my heart pounded inside of my chest while my cheeks had a pink hue on them as I was a little flustered dancing so close with him.

He spun me in an easy move pulling me back towards him with my back hitting his chest. I literally thought I'd die when his warm breath hit my neck making me shiver. All the alcohol in my body burned away leaving me in a slight state of shock. He turned me to face him and caught his stare right into my eyes. Deep and piercing ice blue eyes.

I felt myself get lost in this stare so familiar and yet so unknown. His ice blue eyes are the perfect opposite to my chocolate brown ones. Even in this rather dim light I could see the sparkles of his eyes gazing at me. His eyes were the only thing that I couldn't understand we are best friends and know almost everything about the other. Yet when I look into them I see only a deep ocean of ice blue.

It was a world that I wanted to know so badly even if it hurts, as well the side of him that he didn't show me because everyone has a secret he keeps for himself, even I because we are afraid to share it.

This stare reminded me of the beautiful and atrocious night where he saved me from falling off a cliff. That night his eyes were full of worry only focused on me as I felt his protective hug, that was the only moment that I let my guard down and felt secure in his arms.

I forced my eyes of him as I began to feel my heart race. I trailed down his face to his stiff and sensual lips that were tugged into a smirk. A cold chill went through me as I felt his hand touch my cheek. I jumped up a little and gasped into my breath. I glanced back up again into his eyes that were focused on me and just me. He tugged a strand of hair behind my ear trailing with his index and middle finger back down to my cheek I felt my body burn on this sensation. I wanted it to last forever.

He narrowed his eyes on my lips. My heart started to beat erratically in my chest as our lips moved closer and closer... I closed my eyes slowly waiting for his burning touch on my lips his breath was enough to make me get goosebumps. 

Suddenly a cold draft was around me. I parted them in surprise without even understanding what just happened.

A second ago we were dancing the next moment we were so close that I could feel his warmth radiate through my body. I wanted to feel it not just stare at it.

His heat disappeared from my face. I opened them and saw him look at me with his eyes as confused as I was. A cold shiver made it's way on the part of my lifted top and lower part of my dress as he moved his hand away. His gaze changed a little before becoming neutral again. In the blink of an eye he was gone like a ghost that became invisible. He left me in the crowd confused, shaken and a little... hurt.

I stood there on the dance floor trying to process what happened. My heart was still pounding like crazy in my chest and I could even hear it. I moved my hand to my lips and touched them in confusion to really understand what happened. "Jellal you haven't changed one bit" I thought as I remembered a special moment years ago. I blinked again and passed a hand through my hair. I was afraid that my knees would decide to give in. I need to calm down a little and think about what happened.