Chapter 50

Erza Pov 

I opened my eyes and uncovered myself but I realized it to be a mistake as my head was ringing in pain, I felt a hand lay over my waist, I turned around slowly to see Y/n sleep there right next to me. "Good morning Erza." He whispered and I smiled softly. "Morning." I groggily said and sat up slowly, I didn't remember much of last night, only that I had taken a lot of shots. I looked over to my alarm clock and it showed that it was already afternoon. I turned to Jellal and smiled at him.

My eyes widened in shock when I saw his exposed abs, I only remember that we made the guild master game and after that Y/n and I went into bed, my heart started to beat rapidly, god please don't tell me that we... "Wait, did we two have - sex." I stuttered blushing furiously and looked at him embarrassed. His eyes looked into mine as his hand was gently laid on my forearm a small smile spreading on his lips. "Of course not Erza. I wouldn't do anything like that with you, we are not in that kind of relationship, we are bestfriends." He muttered slowly but surely making me exhale in relieve. 

I laughed lightly. "I'm not sure how much of best friends we are if we both sleep in the same bed half naked." I replied making quotation marks with my fingers and he chuckled softly. 

I swiftly got on my feet with Jellal following me, I dressed into my home outfit, long knee high socks, a sweater and short sweatpants. He in return just threw over a shirt and black sweatpants. "My god how much did we drink last night, my head hurts."  Lucy's voice echoed through the hall in a whining sound. "Come now Scarlet." Y/n's voice got me out of my thoughts about yesterday night, I would have to ask Levy or Mira about it. 

We both walked down and I let out a small chuckle as I saw the hangover riddled bodies of my friends lay on the tables looking half dead. "I'm never going to drink so much again." Juvia cried out and had a coffee in her hand. "Me too I hate this." Lucy groaned agreeing with her friend who was suffering. "Come on guys this can't be that bad right." I asked and suddenly my head hurt like I was struck by lighting. "Fuck." I groaned and sat down on a free seat. I clutched my hands on my temples from the pain and groaned.

I looked towards Jellal who handed me a piece of strawberry cake. "Thank you Y/n you really are amazing." I said and opened my arms to take him into a hug. "I knew I'm in love with this guy how couldn't I be, he's just, perfect."  I brought his head down to my level and gave him a short gentle kiss.

Lucy looked up to me and smiled. "You look so happy Erza." She gleefully chimed. I just sighed contently. "I'm just really happy that's all, I got my first birthday with my bestfriend." I replied looking over at Y/n with a dreamy smile and she sat up straight her eyes trailed to the newspaper on the table. "Oh look that headline is from the ball you and Jellal went to." She said surprised and took the newspaper in hand. 

Her expression crew horrified the instand she read it. "Oh my god, two guests died on the ball you and Jellal went to." Lucy shrieked and I looked at her shocked. "What you really mean that." I asked and she nodded completely shocked as she turned the paper to me. I read the headline. "Two guests killed on the Grand ball, one by a knife and another died through an unknown cause" I looked up from the paper with a pale face. "Wow that's a shocker." 

Jellal looked at it and smiled. "Looks like the ISF has done another one of its target killing missions." He muttered and I looked at him with wide eyes. "How do you know."

"I found the list of the guests and there was a name that is known throughout all of Fiore, his name was Erigor the reaper a famous head hunter but the government got tired of him and decided to get rid of him, because he seemed to get dangerous." Jellal replied shrugging.

I thought for a second as this was quite weird. "But how, I mean there was no way someone could get into the ball and kill him it must have been someone from the inside." I replied and then my eyes widened in realization as it hit me. I looked over to my mother that was calmly walking down from the stairs dressed into her clothes. "Good morning guys. I'm leaving right away." She replied and then walked to me. "I hope you like your gift Erza." She said and pat my head making me pout lightly. I gripped her arm quickly and thought about what I could ask her. "Did you do this." I asked and showed her the headline of the newspaper.