Chapter 38

Erza Pov 

"Come on Y/n you can do it I know it just hold on a little longer" I thought as I saw the counter go below the one minute left mark. The game is almost over, the adversary is leading with one point.

"Come on guys you can do it" We shouted and even my mother was ecstatic about the head on match that they had.

I looked at the counter ten seconds. Y/n stole the ball from the adversary by taking it mid pass. 

Nine seconds left, he passed it towards Natsu that immediately ran forward.

Eight seconds left I felt the hammering of anticipation in my chest while Natsu passed the ball towards Gray since he was stopped immediately.

Seven seconds, Gray took the ball from Natsu and turned around he passed one of the adversaries and headed forward but he lost the ball.

Six seconds left the adversary had the ball again and aimed at the basked he threw the ball but Laxus appeared in front of it taking the ball.

Five seconds Laxus threw the ball towards an empty area where no one stood.

Four seconds Y/n appeared and grabbed it mid flight he was fast and dribbled it towards the basked.

Three seconds left. I felt that my body was beginning to tremble from excitement Y/n threw the ball towards it.

Two seconds left. The ball made it's way through the basked and fell down just in the nick of time before the timer ran out. 

I looked at the board as the signal came that the match was over. The points were 23 to 22 for us. I dropped back into my seat since we all stood at the rail. I was sweating a little.

The fans cheered loudly and Y/n was laying on the ground breathing hard, he had no time to think, all had to be one motion.

"This was amazing" My mother said with a wide smile.

"Come on girls let's go down and congratulate our friends for the victory" Juvia said while she shot up from her seat.

"Are you sure you don't mean boyfriend, Juvia" Lucy teased the blue haired girl while mockingly winking at her.

"I don't know what you mean Lucy" Juvia said lightly flustered as her face blushed.

"A raven haired boy with the name Gray" She teased even more.

"Who you shared a passionate kiss with a few days ago" She added.

"He's not my boyfriend " Juvia retorted with a heavy blush.

"Yeah sure and that kiss was just an accident" Lucy sneered at the blushing blue haired girl.

"Ladies let's go and congratulate them" My mother said with her usual proud and stern voice.

I stood up and made my way towards the stairs I turned around and faced the entrance of the field. I went towards our group of friends, all hugged Jellal in excitement as he was the one to make the winning throw. 

They noticed me making a slight path for me. Y/n gazed at me with a smirk his eyes were tired his chest moved up and down from each heavy breath he took. 

I walked to him our eyes were locked to each other. "Congratulation on winning Jellal" I smiled as I gave him a hug, he put his hands on my waist. I pulled back lightly meeting his stare again. 

"Thanks Erza you gave me the power to bite through the pain that I had, it's better now" He said with a smirk his eyes were soft and tender looking at me with affection my heart started to beat faster as I felt his hands still on my waist tightly gripping it.