Chapter 4

I inhaled and exhaled, waiting for the company to call my name. I arrived 15 minutes ago at OceanGold Entertainment's building.

I looked around, not that many people were around to audition. Probably because it's a school day, I thought.

"Choi Yumi?"

I looked up to see an older looking woman, who motioned me to enter the room.

I slowly made my way into the so-called 'Audition Room.'

The elderly woman sat down and nodded her head, which gave me the que to start.

"Hello, I am Choi Yumi. I am currently 16 years old attending SeYeon High School." I bow, not all the way, but enough for the adults to know the respect I have for them.

I saw many smiles, but that didn't mean that my audition was a pass.

The music started and I got ready to sing. I closed my eyes to listen to the melody of the intro, opening my eyelids when it was time to show them my voice.

✩☽☆☾✩

Three minutes felt so short. When practicing the three minutes went by so slowly.

As the music faded, the group of 'judges' applauded.

I bowed once again saying, "Thank you."

The elderly woman who had brought me into the room asked, "Have you also prepared a dance audition for us?"

I nod and she signals for the other music to play.

I strike my pose, waiting the first four beats before moving along with the dance.

As the intro began, I counted to myself, Five, six... five, six, seven, eight. I let my muscle memory take control, dancing from once move to another, while matching my facial expressions with the music.

The music starts off calm, and I let my body perform gracefully like the ocean's waves. As seconds pass, it transitions to the tone of energetic. I start thinking in my head once again, One, two, three, four, up and down, and wave. I moved left and right, up and down, showing the judges everything I got.

Soon, almost three minutes were up. I bowed again for the third time, presenting my thank you's to them.

They applauded, I wasn't sure if this was how auditions went.

A young man that sat next to the elderly woman sat up straighter and asked, "Have you ever received official vocal lessons?"

I tensed, just a bit, worrying that my singing wasn't that great. "No," I replied.

He smiled and nodded.

Then the elderly woman spoke again, "Thank you, Choi Yumi-ssi."

I smiled brightly and slightly bowed my head before jogging out.

"She was the last, Producer Ji?" the man asked the elderly woman.

"Yes, she's different, isn't she? Manager Lee?" Producer Ji turned to the young-looking woman, who sat on the other side of the long table.

"I think we can get our hopes up for a new artist." Manager Lee, the young woman who wore gold earrings and red lipstick stood up from her seat. "I'll get going, we make our decisions for round two tomorrow?"

Producer Ji stood up as well, "Well, we all know one auditioner who passed. Don't we all?"

Every producer in the room nodded.

"We'll get going then," Manager Lee said as she and Producer Ji walked out the room. She guided the older producer, "We finally found another catch, right?"

"Yes. We finally did."

And the two, formerly dressed women walked down the hallway.

✩☽☆☾✩

I leaned against the stone brick walls that guarded the many plants around the entertainment. I looked back at the text message that my sister left me.

My Messages:

{Yuri Unnie} 

Yumi-ah, don't get on the bus.

{Yumi} 

Okay?

{Yuri Unnie} 

I'm almost at OceanGold Ent. 

Wait for me there, I'll pick you up.

I looked around. The building was made to look very modern. All white, except the line the blue windows that started from the bottom of the building, all the way to the top.

Then I saw a black van that idols tended to transport in. I saw a group of maybe eight boys climb out, but I barely gave any attention to them. I just pulled out my phone and scrolled through IU's blog page.

"Hey there," a guy waved at me.

I looked up to see one of the eight guys that got off the van. "Um, hello?"

"You must be Yumi," he smiled.

I took a close look at him, he was handsome enough to be an idol, but I never saw him on tv.

He was pale like me, but had pitch black hair. His lips in the color of raspberry and surprisingly, double eyelids. He was absolutely good-looking in the classy outfit, and I knew he had to be a celebrity.

"How did you know I was Yumi?" I asked. He didn't seem to be from my neighborhood and definitely wasn't one of the people at the audition.

"Some producers told us about you," he winked.

Honk! Honk!

I looked over to see my sister in her black SUV. "Oh, my ride's here." I started to run off, but he got hold of my wrist. Anxious, yet surprised I turned back to him.

He pulled out a pen and some paper from his pocket and wrote something. He handed it to me.

"Hm?" I asked, unsure what he wanted me to do with it.

He just smiled again. "I'll see you more often then," he said, running away to catch up with his fellow mates.

I ran over to my sister, and opened the passenger seat door. I stepped in, closing the door after.

"Who was that?" My sister asked as she drove.

"I don't know," I muttered, looking for my phone.

"What did he give you?"

"Huh?"

"I saw him give you something." My sister glanced over at me, "Didn't he?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

My sister smiled a sneaky smile. "Anyways, how was the audition?"

"Unnie, do they applaud and like to smile all the time?"

"Who? The producers and administrators?"

I nodded, "Do they?"

She swept her hand through her hair. "Well it depends. Some do on a daily basis where others because they're impressed. Why? Were they mean?"

I shook my head, "Nothing like that. I think I did well."

"That's good."

"Do you think I'll make it to the second round?"

She shrugged as she started parking, "It's not up to us."

What she said was true. Producers and managers weren't known to be nice, at least not until their artists became official idols. If I got in so easily, it'd be a miracle.