Chapter 48

"These are all... very well written," the lyricist, Bada, commented. She gave a full-approving look. "This is just amazing," she turned to me. "You have talent. You should become a lyricist like me," she winked.

Nam PD and Manager Hani chuckled.

"Well, tell me, Choi Yumi." Ms. Bada put the notebook down. "What concept do we want to debut with?"

"I was hoping you could help with that."

"Hmm..." Ms. Bada looked through the papers Manager Hani brought. "I don't think it's the best idea to debut with a hardcore sad song... what about something along the lines of empowerment? I think it fits since you're returning back onto the path of an idol after a tragic incident?"

I smiled. "I like that."

"Great, and I think I saw some lyrics based upon that in your notebook. Do you mind if I keep it just for the time being to match things up and paste things here and there?"

I shook my head, "I don't mind at all."

The lyricist smiled. "Our media team and I will put you a song that fits with your work."

"Thank you."

Nam PD-nim stood up. "Then, Bada, I will leave this to you."

"Anytime, Joo-shik. Anytime."

✩☽☆☾✩

"I said

Don't run away!

Everything will be alright

As long as there is light

And I promise there is,

Even though the darkness seems

Endless tonight."

"And that's perfect, Yumi."

I took off the headphones and hung them on the music stand. I bowed multiple times and I thanked the staff in the recording room.

"That was beautiful," Ms. Bada commented. She fanned herself with her hand, "Oh, I thought I was going to cry."

I smiled, holding in the chuckles from her dramatic reaction.

"Bada, Yumi?" Nam PD-nim walked into the room. "Can I see you two in my office?"

She and I exchanged confused looks before nodding and following him to his office.

"I was thinking," he said, once settling ourselves in chairs. "I think this b-side, As Long As There Is Light will be a better title song than the actual song we meant to produce as the title track." He looked over at his lyricist friend, "Not that your song is any bad."

She shook your head, "No, I was actually thinking the same thing." She turned to me, "That song is just heavenly. When did you create that song?"

"That's actually one of my recent songs... I started working on that one the day I posted my instagram post after inactivity."

"Really?"

I nodded. "There's actually a far bigger meaning behind it, but that's a story for next time."

She smiled, "I'll be looking forward to that, but anyways." She turned back to Nam PD. "So is that final? This b-side will be her title song instead?"

"Yes. And we can probably continue with the same dates for the photoshoot and mv shooting."

"Thank you."

"Well, off we will go," Ms. Bada said as she stood up from her seat.

Just as I was about to get up, Nam PD-nim asked, "Yumi? Could I talk to you for a moment? Alone."

I nodded. "I will see you later, Ms. Bada."

She winked at me and waved goodbye to her friend before leaving the room.

"Yes, Nam PD-nim?" I asked, turned to him.

"I was wondering..." He looked down at the floor for a moment before looking up. "Don't you hate the kpop industry?"