Chapter 77

Minju's mishaps began because of her bad decision from so many years ago. But a part of me knew that I also caused some things to escalate. If I hadn't joined the industry, and Minju hadn't seen the "glory" and attention I received, in which she wanted, she probably wouldn't have felt the resentment she did. She probably wouldn't have had a person to blame, and therefore go after. If it hadn't been for me, things could've ended at court last time for Yujun's case. But no, things went another mile in the wrong direction. Who knows what would happen to her now?

But despite everything she did to hurt me, my family, and others in the entertainment industry, I couldn't help but feel... miserable. I felt sorry. The world has given me endless opportunities despite all the struggles I faced, but that isn't always the case for everyone else in the world. If Minju had been given the same opportunities, wouldn't things have been different?

These thoughts roamed my head for a while.

I couldn't sleep the night after coming back from the police station. I couldn't sleep the next night either and I wouldn't be able to properly sleep until a whole month after the court's decision regarding Chani's case.