Chapter 51

"And cut!" the film director yelled. "That was perfect, Yumi. Good work today filming!"

I bowed to the director and all the other staff who had helped with my music video filming. It had been a long day.

I walked out of the shallow lake of water that I had been sitting in for the last pieces of media we were filming. Manager Hani, who was no longer the trainee manager, but my manager, handed me a towel. "Good job, that last scene was stunning."

I smiled and thanked her before walking into the room I was given for my belongings to change out of my outfit.

I finished changing and collected my stuff from the room before opening the door to walk out. Just then, someone lent out their arm and held a cup of ice coffee right in front of me.

Startled, I almost dropped my stuff.

I received the drink and walked a few steps to see Minjun standing against the wall. "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like?" he asked.

"Ditching your job."

He shook his head and stood up, "Nope. But we've got places to go."

He reached for my hand, but I backed away. "Uh, no we don't. I have to get back to the office building and then head home."

"Says who? Manager Hani told me you don't have anything after this."

I looked over to Manager Hani. She was talking with my stylist.

"Well, I say so."

He plainly stared at me before grabbing my bag of extra necessities and things to return.

"Minjun!"

He walked over to Manager Hani with my non-personal belongings and she gladly took them from him. He came back to me and walked me out of the room and to his car.

"Minjun, what's the meaning of this?"

He silently sat in his seat.

"Minjun, I'm waiting." He still gave no answer. "If you don't have anything to say, I'm leaving." I turned to my right and reached for the door handle of the car, getting ready to leave the vehicle.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

I stopped moving. "I... don't know what you're talking about." Just as I was about to open the door, Minjun locked the car.

"Yes, you do." He reached over and took a hold of my hand.

I looked over at him. His eyes seemed to express mental pain.

I stopped resisting his presence and relaxed in my seat. "We shouldn't be interacting as much as we used to. Even though we're allowed to, you know we'll be caught by sasaengs or dispatch." I sighed, "I haven't even debuted yet."

"Yes, you have. With Jewelries."

"That isn't even an official debut, it was a special release. Even if it was, it'd only be a month since."

"So who cares?"

"I do."

He stayed silent for a moment. Without saying anything else, he stepped on the pedal and turned on the engine. Beginning to drive not long after.

✩☽☆☾✩

I wordlessly followed Minjun into the apartment building. Him and his FLICKER members had chosen to no longer dorm together, even though they had only passed their first year mark and had not been long since that either.

I had protested against coming here and had asked Minjun to drive me home or to the office, but he silently got angry and continued to drive to his home.

At that point, I had given up.

As I followed him, I watched and realized how tired he seemed. Once we stepped into his apartment, I told him to go wash up and change. He reluctantly nodded and went into his room.

I walked into his kitchen and opened his fridge, wondering if I could make him some dinner. I found several ingredients and after some digging in the freezer and refrigerator, I chose to make him some shrimp pasta.

I tied on an apron, tying the ribbon on the front and began cooking.

It took about fifteen minutes to get most of it done. As I added the noodles into the shrimp and sauce mixture, I felt arms sneak around my waist.

I panicked as I freaked out for the second time of the day, but Minjun whispered into my ear, reassuring me that it was him. I sighed, "Don't do that. You're going to actually give me a heart attack one day."

He didn't reply.

I turned my head to the right so that I could see him. "Can you get some plates?"

After a moment of hesitation, he nodded and walked to the cabinets behind. "Is this good?"

I turned around to see him holding salad bowls. "Minjun, no!" Laughter of disbelief escaped my lips, "I meant pasta bowls!"

"Oh! Those bowls." He pulled out the pasta plates.

"Yes, those."

I turned off the stove and he gave me the plates. I added the pasta into their bowls and topped them with the shrimps. Then I poured the remaining sauce on top.

I smiled and took the plates to the table. "Sit down, Minjun. Let's eat." He didn't seem to move. "Minjun?" I turned around to see him right behind me. "Is... everything alright?"

He pulled me closer by the apron's ribbon, making me stand just a centimeter away from him. "What happens if I tell you... that I still like you."