Chapter 60

Minjun knew that he was allowed to sit, but he continued to stand where he stood.

"Care to explain why you're saying this is Jinu oppa's work?" I asked, bewildered and confused.

He stayed silent.

"I'm not going to look over this properly until you tell me why you hadn't admitted that this is yours."

A really small smile appeared on his face, "Well you don't say that you won't look at it at all."

"I can if you want. But look, Minjun, I'm really serious about this. What was it for?"

"If you knew I wrote it, you'd know who the song's about."

What in the world is he talking about?

He saw my confused expression and sighed. "Just... look over it already, the cat's out of the bag anyway."

I gave in and began reading off the computer.

ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴇxᴄᴜꜱᴇꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜꜱᴛᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ɢʟᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴀᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇꜱᴀᴅʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɴᴛꜱᴏʀ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?

ɪ'ᴅ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴍɪʟᴇʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀʀ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀ ᴅɪꜱᴛᴀɴᴄᴇɴᴏɴᴇᴛʜᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ... ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ.

I looked up from the computer to look at Minjun, but he wasn't where he had been standing anymore.

I got up from my seat, about to take steps out the door, wondering if he was outside.

As I took a step, someone caught my wrist, turning me around.

Obviously, Minjun.

A small yelp left my mouth, alarmed. When I realized it was only Minjun, using my free hand, I hit his shoulder, "You almost gave me a heart attack."

He kept a calm face and had me relax onto the table, leaning against it as he stood before me.

"What?" I asked him.

He stared into my eyes as if he was looking for an answer.

I stared back, determined not to back down, but I lost, blinked, and looked away. "You were doing fine for the past few years, why now?" I softly questioned. "Why again?"

He still said no word, but he did take a step closer.

I waited and waited for an answer, but it seemed like he had no intention of answering verbally.

His left hand rested on the table, on top of my hand, while his right, reached up to hold the back of my neck, propping my face at a higher angle.

He leaned closer.

My face grew hot and my eyes began to form tears as my frustration only grew.

His gaze dropped to my lips and I felt him draw closer and closer.

I covered my mouth with the back of my left hand since my right hand was underneath Minjun's grip. "Stop trying to act and just please explain with your words!" I exclaimed. Tears were on the verge of falling, "We ended things years ago, why are you trying to start all over again?"

He stopped leaning closer. He didn't remove my hand that covered my lips or kiss me somewhere else. Instead, he wiped away the tears that just left my eyes. "Have you really lost all your feelings?"

"What?"

"Have you really forgotten about me?"

I wanted to lie and hide the truth, but the intimidation his sad eyes shined only had me gulp in silence. And I knew my statement was spoken, that I hadn't.

"Don't you want to start over?" he then asked. "You're better now and you know it. Don't you want to start what we had again? And if you're worried that I forgot about you, I haven't."

The room became silent except for my unsteady breathing as Minjun awaited an answer.

After a look into his sorrowful eyes and a sigh, the truth came out. "How can I? I put you through literal hell that day and from then on. With what audacity could I choose to start over with you?"

"But I'm asking for it, I'm okay with it. Choosing to leave me forever is hell, choosing me back is pulling me out of hell."

I stayed silent for a moment, "How many people have you met since I asked to break up?"

"None," he quickly responded. "I never stopped thinking about you."

His response only hurt me more. "Why didn't you go looking for other girls? Why didn't you go hook up with someone? Why didn't you forget me?" The tears he once wiped away were replaced with bigger ones. "If you did, I would've felt less guilty. If you did-"

"Would you have really?" He cut me off.

"Of course! I- I... I..." I looked away.

He pulled my face back to his, re-placing his hand at the back of my neck, his thumb at my jawline. And before I could do anything, he pressed his lips onto mine for the first time in a long time.

Another tear rolled down my cheek, realizing how much I had craved his lips.

He kept still and probably would've, only initiating the kiss further if I weren't for me pushing him away.

"Don't... do this," I said, trying to stay collected.

"I have been willing to do as you asked. I cared for you and I respected you and your decisions, but I'm not willing to listen to you this time. That's what I've decided since the last time I got to hold you like this." He squeezed my hand with the hand that lay on top of mine and the desk, "I'm not letting you go."

I sighed. "Minjun," I tried to protest, but he cut me off, attaching his lips on me once again. His lips reminded me of what it was like to actually acknowledge feelings again.

I knew I shouldn't let him win and so I tried to push him away, but it was no use, only making myself more tired. Maybe it was harder because it was my non-dominant hand... I stopped, my hand just resting against his shoulder.

Feeling that I had stopped trying to resist, one of his hands moved to my waist, pulling me more towards the edge of the table as he stepped closer in between my legs.

You can't, you shouldn't, don't let him, these thoughts kept popping into my head. As they did, Minjun kissed deeper and more firmly, driving those thoughts back out.

I came to realize that I could never win against Minjun. What I thought was my victory against him, years ago when breaking up with him... It wasn't that I had won, he just let me be.