Chapter 70

"Are you okay?" Minjun nudged me, trying to have me turn around and look at him.

I didn't budge.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Minju? Why is she at... Glorious?

Fear suddenly filled me. Was she here to get her revenge? Would she put me or Minjun or other artists in danger just because of what the truth did to her?

"Yumi?" I heard Minjun's voice, but it sounded distant.

I felt dizzier by the second, unable to grasp what I was seeing.

It can't be... No... Everything was perfect.

I closed my eyes.

My worries and my thoughts all ended there. My consciousness too.

I fell to the ground.

✩☽☆☾✩

"Shall we end it here tonight?" Veronica asked her partner, Ryu.

"I guess we shall." Ryu turned to the camera, "When you need music..."

After matching eye contact, they began reciting the last line together, "Watch it live on Music Bank-"

A loud thunk echoed through the room, a shocked ear piercing scream following it.

The MCs, the other artists, the staff, all instantly turned to the direction of the terrible sounds.

I was on the floor, collapsed. Minjun immediately crouched down, confused and panicked. "Yumi!" He pulled me into his arms, checking my pulse and my forehead. "No fever," he mumbled to himself.

Our OceanGold staff began running onto the stage, assisting and leading Minjun to carry me away.

Veronica and Ryu, not sure what to do, looked back from the surprise incident and the camera. They half expected the directors and everyone to turn off the cameras and end the live show, but no. They kept them on until Minjun and I completely vanished from the screen.

"What happened?" one singer asked.

Her band member shrugged.

"She just fell."

"I think she fainted."

"Out of nowhere?"

"Uh..." Veronica worriedly looked at her partner.

He shook his head, "It'll be okay. Don't worry. I know Yumi sunbaenim is strong."

Chani was still standing where she was, in the same posture with the same expression, even as the other singers finally began leaving. Well that was easy, she thought to herself. I guess she did drink the water bottle I placed in the room. Didn't think it'd have an effect that quickly. She finally smiled in content. "I hope you never wake up. Or if you do, I guess, hope you lose everything you loved."

"Chani!" Changmin called.

She turned and sighed before walking backstage over to him.

"What's everyone whispering about? What's with this atmosphere?"

She looked at him for a moment before grabbing his hand and dragging him further through the building into their small backstage room. She closed the door shut after them.

"So...?"

"I may or may not have ended Yumi and her success once and for all!" Chani said, all giddy.

She waited for Changmin's face to glow, but it did the opposite. "You what?"

She calmed down, confused with his demeanor. I guess he didn't get it, "Yumi fainted and I think they're taking her to the hospital."

"Yeah, obviously. But you what?"

"All I did was get my revenge. Only sort of, really. I still need to win-"

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Changmin yelled. "Are you f***ing insane?"

Chani took a few steps back. She wasn't expecting a reaction like this.

"You could get tried for that, you would bring down Glorious's image!" He massaged his temple and sighed, "Stop making trouble that you can't clean up. You've done it before, have you not learned your lesson?"

"Is your image and your agency's image more important than me?"

"Of course! Chani, don't mistake our relationship. You know it was entirely business, but I have my own limits too."

"It was... entirely business, huh?" she quietly murmured, feeling a bit upset. "I thought you didn't like Yumi too, was that also a misunderstanding?"

Changmin's expression remained the same.

"Isn't that why you have that old account of yours? The one where you always wrote false and mean comments on Yumi's content?"

Changmin narrowed his eyes, "What?"

"Don't act like you don't know. You don't need to cover it."

He watched her for a moment before giving in. "Fine, I used to. But that I was a used to. I stopped doing that a long time ago and I deleted all of them."

Chani rolled her eyes, "But that doesn't mean you never did them."

"I never said I didn't do it. Chani, don't cross the line. I have just the same amount of power as the police and news did last time to break your career."

"You wouldn't dare."

"If you lay another finger on Yumi, I won't hesitate to expose everything."