Chapter 63

I sat in Nam PD's office.

So did Minjun.

"So..." Nam PD dragged his words. He eyed the two of us.

We sat across from each other. Manager Hani next to me and Producer Ji next to Minjun.

"Wow." He let out an awkward chuckle, surprised and shocked with our story. He scratched the back of his head. "That's..." He couldn't make out a full sentence. He moved his hands in different motions, trying to reprocess everything we told him. "First off, nice job writing out the statement," he said to his assistant, Producer Ji. "Glad we could approve it in one go..."

She nodded.

"As for you two... Why didn't you say you two knew each other?"

I looked over at Manager Hani who slipped a weak smile. She spoke up, "That... is my fault. I forgot to report that after I found out."

Minjun spoke up too. "PD-nim, I promise that both of us will continue to work hard just like we published in the statement. We won't lose focus on our career, we won't start slacking off... Please..."

He didn't finish his sentence, but everyone in the room knew what he meant.

I didn't speak up, although I felt Minjun telling me to with his eyes.

I just looked over at Nam PD-nim who was thinking. As I watched him, I realized that he didn't look angry or upset. He didn't seem stressed at all, but rather... happy? "What's on your mind, Nam PD-nim?" I asked.

He, who had been facing the room at an angle, turned so he was facing forward at the table. "This might work in our hands. After all, both of you-" He stopped his sentence, "Actually, you aren't really of the age of marriage, but... FLICKER has six other members that can continue to increase album sales and Yumi has a good range of fans of any gender that can help do that too..." he was mumbling and muttering his words.

"You want them to get married?" Manager Hani asked in shock.

Nam PD-nim's eyes widened and he shook his hands. "No, no! Of course not. I mean, unless they want to- My point was they're still in their mid-late twenties, there are still fans who find them attractive in hopes of a future relationship... But I think your fans are old and mature enough to understand, and if they are young, only see you as role models... You both should be fine." That was his conclusion.

Minjun was confused at how easily his boss was letting this through.

"Just promise to stay devoted to your work. And no spoiling music with each other."

✩☽☆☾✩

"Well, that worked out easier than I thought it would," Minjun said as we walked out of the office.

I shrugged, "That's better for us, no?"

He nodded. "It is."

"You guys can go home early today!" Nam PD-nim poked his head out from his office. "Go on a date or something. Freely, outside. It's approved anyway."

I looked over at Minjun who looked at me confused, unable to believe what Nam PD said. "You want to?" he asked.

I shrugged again.

He thought about it before smiling. He turned to his boss and semi-yelled back, "No backing out Nam PD!" He grabbed my hand and ran, dragging me out with him.

We finally stopped running once we were outside the building. Although it was broad daylight, the streets were pretty empty. Probably because it's too cold today, I guessed. She then remembered their winter coats and looked over at Minjun to remind him when she noticed him wearing it already.

And then it hit her. The building's heater system had broken down... so they were wearing all their winter clothes indoors too.

"Look who it is..."

The voice was all too familiar. It gave me the chills.

Changmin.

It had been a while since we met.

I looked up to see him, only to be reminded of what a jerk he was in real life. I sighed, feeling bad for his fans- Oh if they knew the real Kim Changmin.

"Long time no see," he waved to me.

I silently nodded.

"What's the silent greeting? We're friends~" he cooed.

An irritated chuckle left my lips as I watched his unbelievable presence.

"Aren't you the one who hurt Yumi's wrist?"

Changmin finally looked up at Minjun who stood next to me. "Oh... look who it is~" he teased. "Isn't it the perfect Mr. Minjun, recently renamed Yumi's boyfriend." He dropped the positive act, his face dropping with an annoyed look. "So what are you now? Yumi's bodyguard? I bet you're really clingy~" He turned to me and smiled, "Come on! Leave this lowly dude." He reached for my hand, "And come date someone actually cool and handsome from Glorious Entertainment-"

"Cut it out, will you?" I finally said, extremely irritated. "First of all, all your assumptions are nothing close to reality. Second, I would never leave my boyfriend for someone else. And third, if I were to leave him, which wouldn't even be over my dead body, they wouldn't be from Glorious. That place is-" I didn't finish my sentence and instead huffed in annoyance.

"Changmin-ah!" a female voice called out.

A tall girl with black hair and a pretty face ran up to Changmin. She looked at me and Minjun and bowed as she smiled, "Oh, hello! Nice to meet you, sunbaenim."

I looked over at Changmin with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh..." He motioned to the girl next to him, "This is Lee Chani. She's our soon-to-be rookie singer... Her debut is going to be around... your next comeback?" he said to me.

I scoffed, "And how would you know when my comeback is?"

He shrugged, "We don't. But we'll make it happen so it becomes the first time you don't win."

Whatever, I thought. I nudged Minjun, signaling to leave. He nodded and we began walking away.

Once we were gone, Chani relaxed her voice. "Ugh, I hate seeing her."

"Hey," Changmin furrowed his eyebrows. "You watch what you do and be careful. Know that Glorious is doing you a favor." He shook his head, "I can't believe you're able to still debut in this industry after your whole scandal."

She rolled her eyes, "No one's going to suspect me."