Chapter 13

"Hello (안녕하세요) I am a new trainee, Choi Yumi."

I arrived at OceanGold's Trainee Headquarters, which was a slightly smaller building right behind the actual entertainment. There, Manager Hani had all the trainees boys and girls meet. She went over basic directions and information before having each of us introduce ourselves. She wanted us to create a small bond with everyone so that fights didn't break out.

"I'm a 16-year-old sophomore at SeYeon highschool." I slightly bowed my head down before receiving eye-contact with everyone else again.

We were all sitting down on the floor in one of the bigger practice rooms.

"Hi, I'm Hyeji. I'm 15, almost 16 and I'm a new trainee too," said the girl next to me.

She had light brown hair, monolids, and a high nose. She had rosy pink lips and probably was one of the maknaes in the big group of trainees.

When I had first entered the entertainment, Manager Lee had some things to talk about with me. Once I finished, Hyeji greeted me with a big smile. She had complimented that I was really pretty and that she wanted to share a good relationship. She had such a bright personality, and I thought that there was some back story to it, but I couldn't see any.

"Hello, I'm Ryu Minjun. I'm 18 and I've been a trainee for two years now." It was that guy, the one who I've bumped into more than once, and also the one who saved me before.

"Joori. I've been a trainee for four months now, and I'm 16." This girl had dark curly hair, a little bit of freckles, lips that seemed a bit more tan, and seemed a bit short.

Now it was an older girl's turn. Her hair color was dirty blonde, and she had really pink lips. She had brown-green eyes. Half American? I thought. "I'm Lena from America. I'm half Korean, 18 years old, and it's my third year as a trainee."

"Park Theo. Also 18 years old, I lived in LA for most of my childhood. 2 month trainee." I had seen him walk out of the black van with Minjun when I came by for my audition.

"Kim Minju. 19 years old, four year trainee." She looked and sounded a bit like a stuck-up, like Yoo Jimin. The way she talked said it all. She definitely wasn't ugly, but she wasn't as pretty as some of the other girls in the room.

"Hey. My name's Hwang Jinu and I'm a four year trainee too." His voice was deeper compared to all the other boys. He had brownish hair which seemed a bit light to be natural, big eyes and a dimple on his right.

"I am ChengXiao and I'm a three-month chinese trainee." Another girl around my age, a mix of Joori and Lena... and no annoyance in her voice.

A couple other people, that I didn't really pay attention to introduced themselves and after going over some extra things, we were sent to our dorms.

"You're really pretty~" Hyeji complimented, smiling like a bright sun.

"You're pretty too," I returned the compliment.

"No, like really." She turned to Joori, who was walking beside her. "Yumi's really pretty isn't she?"

Joori nodded.

I bit my lip. I'll be honest, I never and I'll probably never know how to handle people's compliments. I weakly smiled, "Thank you?"

"Sorry, we didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Joori apologized.

I shook my head, "It's alright. It was just to lighten the mood anyway."

"I can't believe they're letting us just rest today," Hyeji sighed.

"Once you start training you'll be glad for the rest you get," Joori joked. "Are you guys all in Dorm [Shape] Star?"

Hyeji and I nodded.

"Yay! We'll be together then!" but Joori's smile quickly replaced it with a frown.

I exchanged glances with Hyeji, "Is something wrong?"

She slowly shook her head, "It's just that- You need to know something. Minju is in our dorm... and well she can mess things up- badly. Surviving four months was crazy, but now I have you guys. Just try to stay away from Minju and her friend, Remi."

"Remi?" Hyeji asked.

"Yeah, she's been friends with Minju for some time. They were both accepted as trainees at the same time, and have been here ever since. She's Japanese, a couple months younger than Minju... That's all I know."

Once we arrived at the dorm, Joori sighed before entering.

"There you are," Minju's voice echoed throughout the dorm.

We three stayed silent.

"You're Yumi and you're Hyeji, right?"

Hyeji and I nodded.

Minju blew a bubble with her gum. "Alright, we'll talk about chores and things later."

We slightly bowed our heads before trotting away.

Jorri led us to the hallway of rooms. "Remi and Minju use a room together... They're nice enough to give us the biggest room."

"Isn't that good for us? We spend the whole day together?" I tried to raise the spirit.

She shrugged, "I guess. You guys should situate your stuff in the dorm."

The room definitely was big. There were three small beds at each corner with a dresser right by each one. There were mirrors hanging above each dresser and in the middle a big mat covered the wood floor.

"It's best if you put your makeup and accessories on top of the dresser. That's why the mirror hangs above each one," explained Joori.

Hyeji and I settled our stuff throughout the room while we all shared a conversation.

Knock, knock. "Come out. We need to talk about some things."