Chapter 76

The K-Pop industry had been recently shaken with the incident regarding a water bottle with toxins, drunk by an OceanGold Entertainment staff, which originally would've belonged to solo artist Choi Yumi

The K-Pop industry had been recently shaken with the incident regarding a water bottle with toxins, drunk by an OceanGold Entertainment staff, which originally would've belonged to solo artist Choi Yumi. Due to the scandal, Choi Yumi and Ryu Minjun had put a halt to their duet promotions and many fans lost many chances to see and explore more of their album and relationship.

There had been speculations that a fellow idol had been behind the incident, as a few weeks back, security cameras had found Glorious Entertainment's just debuted rookie idol, Lee Chani sneaking in and out of Yumi's backstage room.

Dispatch recently revealed that police investigations have found that Lee Chani, indeed, snuck in the water bottle with the intention to harm Yumi. A shock, especially after she had expressed her gratitude and respect for Choi Yumi at her debut music show. However, that wasn't it. What turned out to be a great shock was that Lee Chani was actually Kim Minju from the scandal several years ago, in which she had verbally harassed solo artist Choi Yujun to the point of mental disorder and suicide.

Choi Yujun had been a well-known solo artist under OceanGold Entertainment and his passing had been a great shock. He was the older brother of today's hot artist Choi Yumi, who says she joined the industry to fulfill her brother's wishes and dreams.

Not long after Dispatch's report, OceanGold Entertainment published a statement regarding the current situation;

"Hello,

This is OceanGold Entertainment.

As much as it is a shock and we hoped that the news were fake, we confirm that all the facts and statements reported by Dispatch are true.

We cannot fathom how a fellow artist, who had once been a trainee and was given the opportunity to become an idol even after their mistakes, could do such a thing.

Although we are grateful that Yumi had missed the opportunity to take a sip from the water bottle, we are upset and will be pressing charges for attempting to harm our artist and harming our staff.

The staff who had suffered from the toxins in the water bottle is slowly recovering and has passed the critical stages. We thank you for all your support and sympathy.

We hope nothing like this ever again happens, and will do our best to prevent them.

Thank you."